AK's seized by French Military off East African coast

Buddy H

The article said the guns originated in Iran. As far as I know, Iran has never built AKs on a scale larger than a back room shop. Can anyone tell from looking what country these are from originally? The consistent color of the wood makes me think they're mostly all from the same country.

Poland? Romania?

11 hours ago, Cincylance said:

The article said the guns originated in Iran. As far as I know, Iran has never built AKs on a scale larger than a back room shop. Can anyone tell from looking what country these are from originally? The consistent color of the wood makes me think they're mostly all from the same country.

Poland? Romania?

Iran has been making AK's for quite some time. Here are some pics of them being made...

18919317.jpg38763471.jpg

37814917.jpg

I like that logo Buddy;  My gun's not illegal, it's just undocumented.  I can see it now....  Sanctuary arsenals, social service ammo debit cards, and with my anchor HK33 baby, I can bring all her relatives over, legally at the government's expense.  Buddy, you should run for the oval office.

• 1 month later...

the ones in the picture with a room full of ak's  hard to tell  they are all would stocked, but all have a bakelite lower handguard like east german ak's  but the wood it too dark for east germany,

the bulgarians used the same color and material for their lower handguards. I  dont think the chinese did