danh

Chauchat barrel pictures

8 posts in this topic

Looking for close up pictures of breech end of chauchat barrel?  Have welded barrel and want to know what an original one looks like.  thanks!!

Caveat, be careful about ammo, Balle D ammo(WWI) vs BALLE N ammo(WWII) ammo.  Parvi Partisan is Balle D spec ammo and will also work with with barrels marked with an N.  But Balle N ammo will not work if you have a WWI barrel that has not been converted to Balle N ammo specs, only Balle D ammo will work, just slip a round into the breech without closing the bolt, the round should go all the way in up to the rim, if not then the bolt may still slam the round in and fire but will not extract, after if cools you can usually extract by hand or else run a rod down the barrel to push out the brass.  It took me 20 years to figure this out even though I had the book,  old age, lots of spare time and experience with reloading is what it took for me to figure it out.  Also see this thread for more info about Chauchat:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24064&hl=%2Bballe+%2Bballe#entry214189

1 person likes this

Also watch this YouTube video, very good explanation by Mark Novak.

1 person likes this

thank you guys!

Do you have any spare parts that you could sale?  I am looking for another bolt?  Thanks

sorry, no I don't.