A Thompson Compendium

TD.

A new book on the Thompson submachine gun by Tom Davis, Jr. 

A Thompson Compendium is a series of in-depth stories about several specific variations of the Thompson gun and accessories. It also includes the accurate story of Potomac Arms in Alexandria, Virginia and reveals serial numbers of over 400 Thompson submachine guns sold at that renowned gun store. As you read the book you will find the following information:

• The First Savage Thompson - several chapters on the earliest Savage guns

• Savage Commercial Thompsons - never seen before information

• Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests specifically for a potential Savage Commercial Thompson

• The Bridgeport Commercials - eighty 1928ACs are pictured and reviewed

• The NAC Thompson guns - an in-depth review

• Potomac Arms - the story and serial number information for over 400 Thompson submachine guns

• Spare Part Kit update - two new variations and more information on the Herigstad kits.

• A French Colt returns home

• How to identify Colt wood

The book is filled with numerous color photographs and expansive captions that will teach the Thompson enthusiasts the many important features of the different Thompson variations. While geared toward the beginner or new enthusiast, current Thompson owners and advanced collectors will find a lot of valuable and heretofore unknown and unpublished information.

In addition, dealers that do not specialize in the Thompson guns will be better able to accurately describe the Thompson guns they have for sale. And correctly evaluate Thompson guns offered for trade or direct sale.

This is a must book for the Thompson enthusiast's library!

This new publication is available immediately on Amazon.com at a list price of $49.99 Use the Amazon website “Look Inside” feature to review a few pages and see if this book contains the information you need before making a purchase decision. 

Personalized copies can be purchased directly from the author at a Sturmgewehr special price of $40 plus $4.00 shipping in the continental United States. Contact Tom Davis, Jr. at tkd5501@fuse.net for purchase information. 

Other books by Tom Davis, Jr. - Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story & An Amateur’s Guide for the Colt’s Thompson Submachine Gun

Cover page only - resize.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to thank everyone who has purchased my new book, A Thompson Compendium. I really appreciate the comments and feedback. 

I have two copies left and will not obtain another shipment of books until 2022. If you want a signed copy, please send me an e-mail (tkd5501@fuse.net) so I can reserve a copy for you until your check arrives. I will ship the same day payment is received. 

I also have available a few copies of my second book, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun. Let me know if you want to reserve a copy. 

Each book is $40 plus $4 shipping. If you buy both, only one shipping charge.

Happy Holidays!!!

On 12/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, TD. said:

I want to thank everyone who has purchased my new book, A Thompson Compendium. I really appreciate the comments and feedback. 

I have two copies left and will not obtain another shipment of books until 2022. If you want a signed copy, please send me an e-mail (tkd5501@fuse.net) so I can reserve a copy for you until your check arrives. I will ship the same day payment is received. 

I also have available a few copies of my second book, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun. Let me know if you want to reserve a copy. 

Each book is $40 plus $4 shipping. If you buy both, only one shipping charge.

Happy Holidays!!!

@TD. I was wondering if you have any more copies of your book. Thanks.

Ryo, 

I appreciate your interest in my new book, A Thompson Compendium. Unfortunately, all the copies I have right now have been spoken for. If you need or want the book immediately, it is available on Amazon.com. Or feel free to e-mail me (tkd5501@fuse.net) and ask to be contacted next year when I receive my next shipment of books.

I do have a few copies of, An Amateur's Guide for the Colt's Thompson Submachine Gun, available. 

Have a great holiday season. 

dcp,

I appreciate you purchasing my book. I look forward to your thoughts about the book, especially the Potomac Arms chapter. It was a great experience meeting and interviewing the sons of John Richards. See pages 50 - 56 for more about a couple of Savage Commercials from Potomac Arms. I really like the picture you posted. I may have included this picture in my book if I would have known about it. I did include a picture of the sign that hung on the front door of Potomac Arms for many years.

While Potomac Arms is gone, a visit to the Full Metal Jacket military surplus store should be on everyone's agenda if you are in or near Alexandria, Virginia. I would bet dcp has been there a few times!

Again, thank you.

• 6 months later...

Back to the Top! 

I have books available. Contact me at - tkd5501@fuse.net - for ordering information. Or if you just want to talk Thompson. No purchase required! 

Thanks!

TD.

Other books by Tom Davis, Jr. - Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story & An Amateur’s Guide for the Colt’s Thompson Submachine Gun

• 3 months later...

I noticed a few early Savage Thompsons for sale in the marketplace recently, so I am bringing this back to the top. The information in, A Thompson Compendium, will make you a very knowledgeable consumer on the early Savage guns (and more). There are 34 pages just on the Savage Commercial Thompson variation. Are you interested in the lowest serial numbered Savage Thompson found to date? And the four variations of Savage receivers? It is all here!

I have books available. Contact me at - tkd5501@fuse.net - for ordering information. Or if you just want to talk Thompson. No purchase required! 

Thanks!

TD.

Other books by Tom Davis, Jr. - Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story & An Amateur’s Guide for the Colt’s Thompson Submachine Gun

• 5 months later...

I just received another order of books so I am going to bring this back to the top. Contact me at - tkd5501@fuse.net - for ordering information. Or if you just want to talk Thompson. No purchase required! 

Thanks!

TD.

Other books by Tom Davis, Jr. - Great Britain - The Tommy Gun Story & An Amateur’s Guide for the Colt’s Thompson Submachine Gun

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have had several questions on the Thompson 1928AC variation of late, so I am bringing this back to the top. You do not have to purchase any of my books for me to talk Thompson with you - all variations. I am always available at the above email address. 

I also have a new book, released earlier this year: THOMPSON: Colt's, West Hurley's & More. Send me an email if you would like to discuss. Again, no purchase necessary.