WTB: Looking for an MP40

Cavalry

Anyone know of a good condition MP40 (tube or original) for sale?  I have found a few on the internet at Dealernfa and elsewhere.  I’m looking for shooter grade and a tube that looks good.  Thanks in advance if anyone has a lead on one.

Edited by Cavalry
Edited title

Thanks,  I spoke to Charlie about that one last week.  I was feeling the gun was overpriced giving the condition it is in and I’m worried about barrel condition.  Is that a reasonable price for what it is?

Edited by Cavalry

We picked up a WWII bringback. Imported on a Form 6 back in 1947. The vet had it reactivatied as it was imported as a DEWAT. Which was the standard at the time. All matching except the barrel. Unfortunately, they decided to replace the barrel and dispose of the plugged original.

We have copies of all the original paperwork. 
In our opinion, depending on condition of the weapon. Provenance usually adds more to the price. If Check Point Charlie is asking 25k. That is what they as the seller thinks it’s worth.

What you as a potential buyer wants to pay. That’s up to you. Doing the research and being patient, is a good starting point.

BTW. We just purchased a collection of NFA weapons recently. The paperwork will go out in a week or two. In that batch, is a Neil Smith registered tube MP40.

Realistically, the Forms 4s to our FFL/SOT, from  the checks cashed and to approved. About 4 months.

That was the last batch that we mailed back in January.

Feel free to check back if still looking.  We’ll have photos down the line. We do not like to price items, until they are in stock. 

In the meantime, good luck in your hunting.

David

2 hours ago, Cavalry said:

Thanks,  I spoke to Charlie about that one last week.  I was feeling the gun was overpriced giving the condition it is in and I’m worried about barrel condition.  Is that a reasonable price for what it is?

I have seen reblued, mismatched guns going for $28k or so at auction. The price is probably about right in this crazy market to be honest. You have to ask yourself what you can live with. I would probably wait for another one. Your best bet would probably be a tube gun. Ruben has a nice Phoenix Armory tube gun. I would jump on that one to be honest. Then when you find a nice C&R gun you can sell your tube and put money on top and get the original gun. Remember, you can NEVER compare a tube gun to an original. The original is always superior quality. I think with MP40s sometimes you have to compromise.

I wish I did jump on the Phoenix that Reuben had.  It’s sold as of last week.  I spent too much time researching who Phoenix is.  Now he has a Neil Smith that is parkerized, but I don’t like the tube profile being all smooth so I’m holding out.

I bought my MP40 C&R (matching) about 3yrs ago at 20k.

It came with 3 mags and was missing the resting bar.  thought I payed a little too high but saw others at 22k and up, at the time.

Edited by Jim5745

• 3 months later...