H&R M16 rifle value?

X-RD1

My uncle who is in his late 70's has an H&R M16 rifle.  It appears to be in 90% plus condition and untouched.  Due to health issues he is thinking of selling the rifle.  Unfortunately, he has misplaced the original magazines (he thinks that he had six total).  Without the magazines it likely impacts the value.  Can anyone give me an idea what type of fair value range I'm looking at?

Magazines for M16 are plentiful and reasonably priced. they should not be a problem or affect price.

The question that will come up is it original or a reweld. start by looking at registration paperwork. this will effect the price greatly.

These missing mags. are original Colt's Mfg. magazines.  I was thinking this knocked off a couple of hundred dollars.  Perhaps not such a big deal.  By the Form 4 paperwork, this appears to be an original (M16A1) not a reweld.  

There is a line on the form that says "manufacturer". That is what counts. Back many years ago, people would reweld a receiver and mark the manufacturer as what was on the original receiver. H&R original guns are kinda rare. rewelds are not. A reweld rates as a shooter. Original is worth significantly more. Physical inspection of the gun is needed, and maybe an xray to check for reweld.

gftiv,

Thank you for the information.  I have been able to confirm, the Form 4 paperwork lists H&R as the manufacturer.  I also looked at the firearm once again, I would only rate the rifle at 85% condition, so perhaps more of a shooter than a collector firearm.

• 2 months later...