Ruddiger

WTB: Long .308 mags for Valmet Hunter M88

5 posts in this topic

Seeking 5-round or 9-round magazines as pictured (for late-style Valmet Hunter M88). These are not the same as the short-pattern .308 magazines that are similar to HK or Galil. Thanks for looking!

ValmetHunterPetra3085rndmagazinelong5ptrValmetHunterPetra3085rndmagazinelong5ptr

I am not an expert on Valmets but that mag looks like a modified 30-06 Valmet mag for .308.

You might want to post the dimentions of how long the mag is to fit in the magwell.

It looks longer than a M76/M78 .308 Valmet magazine.

12 hours ago, DrPepper said:

I am not an expert on Valmets but that mag looks like a modified 30-06 Valmet mag for .308.

You might want to post the dimentions of how long the mag is to fit in the magwell.

It looks longer than a M76/M78 .308 Valmet magazine.

You may be correct, but unfortunately, I've never owned a 30-06 Valmet Hunter. The magazine is 1" wide and 3.55" long. Definitely longer than a Valmet .243 or M76/M78 .308 mag. Longer than a .308 Galil mag, too. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Does appear to be a .30-06 magazine body with a .308 follower:

.243 (lower left magazine body- “.243”; shorter length and chrome follower than .308 and .30-06; full vertical lines to the rear )

.308 (magazine body- nothing; shorter length and chrome follower than .30-06; disjointed vertical lines to the rear)

.30-06 (magazine body- nothing; longer length and chrome follower than .308; full vertical lines to the rear)

Tony

Edited by AGG

Bump! Still looking for one or more of these. Thanks.