Destructive Device without barrel question

Christian Soldier

I need some help transfering a DD without a barrel. In years past I have done multiple lahti's and other DD's that had no or demilled barrels and they always came from other dealers as a title 1 firearm. 

I have a lahti with no barrel that is part of a trade deal and the dealer is being told that it is a destructive device even though it has no barrel. It has no NFA paperwork but the ATF are playing hard ball and saying its contrban and needs the recivercut up. We'd like to keep the gun as intact as possible to one day bring back to life or convert to 50bmg or 20mm Vulcan. 

Can anyone show me in the direction to where the ATF states a DD with no barrel is a title 1? I had it in an older ATF publication but can not locate it.  

Thanks. 

Mike

Why is ATF/NFA involved? They have nothing to say about this transfer.

A Lahti without a barrel is Title I. I assume you are an FFL so just take in or have the receiver sent to you and book it in as a title I rifle receiver.

File an F1 to register it as a DD. FWIW

Its at a testing facility and the ATF is involved because there is a lot of NFA that do and dont have paperwork. A lot of it was lost over the years or some os so old that ot is pre ATF and on IRS forms. I am a FFL and have done most of the title 1 and nfa that we can prove what is (transferable and post dealer samples) woth no issues.

This one an a few other DD's they are being dumb about because its a DD and no paperwork. I told them in the past I would remove the barrel and they were never an issue with other ATF officials but the two I'm dealing with now are not the brightest and probably have been there for a year at the most. 

The caretaker at the defunct testing facility is trusting the ATF and wants documentation on what to do and these two are saying they need destroyed. I am saying otherwise and want to show them in their own books on what can he done. 

Thanks