M11/9 TASK slowfire need more reduction

Kurt S in Callahan FL

I’ve got a M11/9 smg with an older C&S Metalwerkes TASK slowfire conversion I had them do a long time ago. Is there anyway to get a more of reduction on the rate of fire possibly by using a specific M16 buffer to do so? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I was leaning to LAGE upper but rather just stay with my TASK conversion and didn’t know if one had a significant reduced rate of fire than the other.

The TASK conversion relies on increasing the weight of the reciprocating parts to achieve rate reductions, so increasing the weight will usually improve things.  The Lage upper does the same thing, but the extra weight is inside the larger upper receiver instead of in the add-on receiver extension.  Since you already have the hole drilled in your lower, you might as well work with the TASK.  I had a custom buffer made out of solid brass which did a very good job of slowing things down and there are numerous very heavy buffers available for the AR-15/9 that will help you out.  The old AAC rate reducer, which had a very heavy buffer in it also worked well.  Since the M11/9 fires from an open bolt you don't have to worry about bolt bounce like you do with the AR15/9 so any solid buffer that is really heavy can be used- just make sure it's the correct length so the bolt doesn't travel too far and impact the rear of the receiver.

A gentleman who goes by "Amphibian" has done a ton of work on slowing down and smoothing out the AR15/9 and his observations should help with the M11/9 also since the same receiver extension is used and the buffers and springs are the same.  His website is www.c3junkie.com