Jump to content

HK expert BANNED from HK Pro...


Recommended Posts

VerticalScope buys outdoors/powersports forums, converts them to their awful Xenforo forum software so they can monetize the content, users complain about the site layout and functionality and mods start banning long time users.

It's a predictable cycle, VerticalScope is a cancer and runs forums into the ground like Cerberus Capital/Freedom Group did with firearms manufacturers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, b_san said:

It's a predictable cycle, VerticalScope is a cancer and runs forums into the ground like Cerberus Capital/Freedom Group did with firearms manufacturers. 

Ceraberus Capital does that to grocery stores too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Born loser...in Montana said:

What a joke,  Hk Pro .

Tony,  we have your  back.

Thanks, brudda!!! :D

Heard that a new HK site is in the works--- member-oriented and dedicated to knowledge--- not profits;)

Told that the traffic on the other site has significantly diminished9_9

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, b_san said:

VerticalScope buys outdoors/powersports forums, converts them to their awful Xenforo forum software so they can monetize the content, users complain about the site layout and functionality and mods start banning long time users.

It's a predictable cycle, VerticalScope is a cancer and runs forums into the ground like Cerberus Capital/Freedom Group did with firearms manufacturers. 

Like Google/Facebook/Twitter!!! :D

Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AGG said:

Thanks, brudda!!! :D

Heard that a new HK site is in the works--- member-oriented and dedicated to knowledge--- not profits;)

Told that the traffic on the other site has significantly diminished9_9

Tony

Let us know where/when its available.

 

hkpro has been going down the tubes for a long time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, b_san said:

VerticalScope buys outdoors/powersports forums, converts them to their awful Xenforo forum software so they can monetize the content, users complain about the site layout and functionality and mods start banning long time users.

It's a predictable cycle, VerticalScope is a cancer and runs forums into the ground like Cerberus Capital/Freedom Group did with firearms manufacturers. 

Which gun forums besides HKpro are infected?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, pstidan said:

It's all about clicks on a website.  The more clicks you have, the more you can charge advertisers and hot link sites.

Ahhh--- so that's why you have to click on every post to make it disappear!!! ;)

Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a pro-tip, HKPro has a tapatalk plugin. If you browse the site on with a Ad-free version of Tapatalk (pro subscriber or cracked version) you can view all the posts without any of their marketing BS or ad links.  You can also Mark All as Read in tapatalk.  This works with most of the VS sites I've run into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, b_san said:

Here's a pro-tip, HKPro has a tapatalk plugin. If you browse the site on with a Ad-free version of Tapatalk (pro subscriber or cracked version) you can view all the posts without any of their marketing BS or ad links.  You can also Mark All as Read in tapatalk.  This works with most of the VS sites I've run into.

Just add this site's entries to your HOSTS file and all adds disappear forever.  They publish updates every couple of months.

==> http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm  <==

I've been using their updated HOSTS file for two years and have encountered no glitches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, b_san said:

To monetize membership data.

What exactly does that mean?  Why did he get banned?  Did they want subscription money for selling stuff?  Or?  I can't imagine much controversy over HK sears and clone hosts, but I only see it a couple times a year (nfa section only) and I've never seen much drama there.......dang did I miss it?

Sadly I only got banned from subguns once and then quit....I should have pursued it harder, but I guess I'm just a quitter.  Eventually they ran out of guys with MG's to ban and it died.....as did many members.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

What exactly does that mean?  Why did he get banned?  Did they want subscription money for selling stuff?  Or?  I can't imagine much controversy over HK sears and clone hosts, but I only see it a couple times a year (nfa section only) and I've never seen much drama there.......dang did I miss it?

Sadly I only got banned from subguns once and then quit....I should have pursued it harder, but I guess I'm just a quitter.  Eventually they ran out of guys with MG's to ban and it died.....as did many members.

Complaining about the new Xenforo format (with little or no help from the Admin/Mods--- fellow members answered most questions), and mentioning that there may be a new, alternative, HK website (dedicated to knowledge--- not profit) on the horizon!!! ;)

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, so you.....the 600th guy to complain about their format got singled out?  And mentioned a technically, non existent  website?  They must have some pretty sensitive millenial admins now?  So you'd have to assume if you post any links to other forums not owned by them you could be on the chopping block?  I think they need to make a profit, but I don' think banning people for information sharing is going to go well in the long term?  It seems censorship is closing in on a lot of places these days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, johnsonlmg41 said:

  I think they need to make a profit, but I don' think banning people for information sharing is going to go well in the long term?  It seems censorship is closing in on a lot of places these days. 

They have always protected certain members. You wouldn't keep paying that sweet advertising money if everyone posted the truth about the crap guns you made.

I dont think its millennial mods, its old school my way or the higway type guys. Hell I riled up a bunch of boomers that think any improvement to the HK platform is sacrilege and they deleted my post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, taylorwso said:

They have always protected certain members. You wouldn't keep paying that sweet advertising money if everyone posted the truth about the crap guns you made.

I don't think its millennial mods, its old school my way or the highway type guys. Hell I riled up a bunch of boomers that think any improvement to the HK platform is sacrilege and they deleted my post.

Rumor has it that a common-sense alternative--- knowledge seekers--- not greed heads or elitists--- will be forthcoming!!! :)

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...