Bloodhound

Transferable H&R M-14 (C&R)

24 posts in this topic

I am brokering a transferable, C&R, M-14 for a local client.  I believe it came out of the H&R museum when H&R went bankrupt and sold everything off.  It is in 98% condition and has been fired very little, if at all. The current owner has never shot it since getting in in 2008.  The rifle is in USGI configuration, in a DoD cartouched ed stock.  It is not one of the H&R "Guerilla guns."  The receiver is marked as follows:

U.S. Rifle

7.62mm R 14

H&R Arms Co.

X93

The rifle will transfer on a Form 4; it is not on my books.  PA residents will pay one NFA transfer tax; Out of State buyers will pay two NFA taxes.  One to transfer it to your In-State dealer and then one to transfer it to the buyer.  All money up front will start the transfer paperwork.  Asking price is $30,000.00 + S/I.  The rifle will ship via USPS Priority Registered Mail, insured for the full amount.

IMG_20200814_102322813.jpg

IMG_20200814_102354036_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200814_102458003_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200814_102504232.jpg

IMG_20200814_102507515.jpg

IMG_20200814_102527285.jpg

IMG_20200814_102529943.jpg

IMG_20200814_102534786.jpg

IMG_20200814_114252916.jpg

Can you confirm that this mg has been verified by atf as curio and relic eligible? Most of the H&R Museum Sale MG’s entered the registry in 1986 and are not C&R. 

Thanks, Mark

2 people like this

Curious why date a weapon entered the registry has any impact on determination of C&R status?  Don't guns "age" into C&R status and/or have a unique collectible attribute such as these x-models?  

To be eligible for C&R status a weapon has to be 50 years old. The last M14 was made in 1964. The weapons have to be in their original configuration, no rewelds, remanufactured or tube guns qualify. What will happen when those guns are 50 years old? Good question, I don't know. 

For a unique, or limited production weapon to be added, you have to send a request to ATF and have a credited museum or such verify that it is rare or unique. Two examples that were classified early were the S&W 76 submachine guns and the West Hurley-made Thompsons.  

The Owner was told the M-14 was C&R when he bought it.  I suggested he submit a FOIA request to confirm it's status.  He has not done so as of yet.  As I understand it, all the M-14s past the 50 year point in 2014 and should be C&R.

Update: Seller has file a FOIA request to confirm the C&R status of the M-14.  No word back from BATF&E yet.

Bloodhound,

I'm the person from Minnesota that send you a message.  For some reason I cant click the link to see your reply.  I'll keep trying to figure it out.  I'm not much of a computer guy

Do you have an X-Ray to show that this gun is not a reweld?

FOIA request still pending.

This M14 is listed on page 124 in the book M14 The Last Steel Warrior  II

Document Caption

A list of M14 rifles that came from the Harrington and Richardson factory in 1985-86. Although it is commonly believed that the M14 rifles were sold at a bankruptcy auction, it was actually a court-approved asset reduction sale so that H&R could continue operating after filing for Chapter 11 protection.