Good sight for Machine gun

ironbb

i'm Getting a SWD M11 and i have the full intention of getting the 5.56 upper Now my plan is to get myself a bi pod a few 100 round drums and basically use it like a Light Machine gun and looking for what would be a good fit 

Hi Ironbb,

All kidding aside, a good set of iron sights can be amazing.  I got the opportunity to shoot IPSC steel targets @ 150 yards in March.  Multiple round bursts resulted in multiple rings of the target.  While not hi-tech, a good set of irons works in very adverse conditions, is light weight, and quite robust.  I've even attached a set of MBUS flip-up sights on a short rail and had great results.  Just flip them down when you pack-up to keep them from getting damaged in transit.  You can't get lighter than a set of MBUS.

As usual, YMMV.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

Yes, the Lage .556 upper for the mac is great. I've put several thousand rounds through mine. Its very accurate and I can do single and double taps.

But it does have a somewhat light profile barrel. Be careful with the 100 rd drums. My forearm heats up with 30 rd mag dumps.

I recommend a trijicon 4x32 for the optic. you can ring steel at 300+ yd. BP

12 hours ago, BPinFL said:

Yes, the Lage .556 upper for the mac is great. I've put several thousand rounds through mine. Its very accurate and I can do single and double taps.

But it does have a somewhat light profile barrel. Be careful with the 100 rd drums. My forearm heats up with 30 rd mag dumps.

I recommend a trijicon 4x32 for the optic. you can ring steel at 300+ yd. BP

yeah i can imagine it getting hot quickly but i'm thinking the bi pod i'm wanting will help significantly with that and a good choice i'll look into it 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What are you planning on doing with your Mac in 5.56?  Running and gunning in full auto I'd say a red dot from Aimpoint, Trijicon, Eotech, or Holosun.

If your planning for distance on semi then possibly an adjustable 1-4 or 1-6 optic.

BTW you didn't mention how much you wanted to spend.. Big difference in pricing in pricing when you get into the magnified optics.

• 4 months later...