Would you shoot this rifle ???

Standing & shooting it would be more forgiving! Not sure why we as Americans do not include a standing bench for heavy recoiling guns?

Can you imagine the damage being done to their shoulders? I talked with an orthopedic surgeon at a gun show. He said he has treated people that are limited to shooting only 22 rifles from their shoulders because of yrs of abuse from heavy recoiling guns. He said he also has people that can barely move their wrists from yrs of heavy handgun recoil. He said it might take yrs, but once the damage is done , know matter the surgery, your never the same. 

I can tell you that I’m limited to certain things as far as rifles go.....I typically stay with 223/556 anymore as I don’t like tempting fate and hurting for a week later. My neck and back are all jacked up from a car accident in 2013. Even some rifle caliber machine guns can be too much on the wrong day. 

Yeah the whole “your a pussy if you don’t” is lost on me. Call me what you will, but I want to function the next day. I’ll hold your beer and call you a dumb ass when you are on the ground crying, I’ll even be nice and help you up while I laugh and call you a moron :-)

• 1 month later...