Advice On AK/ Krinks Please!

AlexUSMC0311

I have decided that My Next MG is gonna be an AK, and I'd really like a Krink in 5.45, so my questions to you all are what are some pros and cons of the Krinks in 5.45 or 7.62 Vs the Full size AK? what are some ways to go about finding one ? I'd like one thats already had the snot beat out of it as i am young and like to shoot and i don't want to pay top dollar for a safe queen because i plan on treating it like an AK after all!  I already own an AC-556 folder and am waiting on the ATF for an M1A1 tommy and an Uzi as well but I still have very minimal experience in this hobby. Thanks in advance!

Edited by AlexUSMC0311

I am in a similar boat as you. I know several AK smiths who can handle these projects but In Range Inc. I think does the best work. http://inrangec2.com/ . The conversions won't be cheap but 5.45 is more forgiving to shoot recoil wise. Also try to  avoid an underfolder if possible, that requires a decent amount of work to make either a folder or fixed stock. 

I have 6 ak47s in various lengths . 1 side folder, 1 underfolder, 2 straight stocks, and 2 krinks in 762x39. None in 5.45 . of all thrm, the most requested to shoot are the krinks. Thry are super fun to shoot and give you a good fireball. Very easy to control. Thr problem with 5.45 is number one, ammo is hard to come by and exspensive. Number two mags are hard to come by and exspensive. 

Also by the way, you wont find one all shot up and beat and cheap. Thousands of rds through mine with nothing worn out. If i was ever to sell one, i would just install new internals and get it refinished to look new and get top dollar. 

absolutely a blast to shoot , in "spray and pray"  but for me that gets old pretty quick. under fold AK's are NOT comfortable at the shoulder , but in any case the .30 cal is the best choice. EVERTHING is less money which means MORE FUN!  the ONLY bad thing about NFA- AK's? you gotta have 2 if you want short and long. another plus for the M-16 and recreational use is how fast and easy to reconfigure. my fav "shooter" AK is a milled w fixed stock and folding BAYO.  it also gets picked up again by others after things calm down. I have owned select AK's constantly since 1968 and NEVER broken a part. in fact I have only seen ONE bolt with a crack  the only concern would be barrel wear, and that wont stop the gun .

I own a full size AK47 in 7.62 x 39 fixed stock. I have shot the krinks in 7.62. It is a wild ride. I have shot AK74's in 5.54. Feels like an M16. My opinions. I am sticking with the 7.62 fixed stock 16 inch barrel.

You are buying the gun for you, not for the bystanders.

Go to the Creek this fall and try a few different ones at the rental range.

I have only broken a recoil spring since 1986. Barrel is missing two inches of rifling.

• Like 1

ALEX, see my point? almost every long time AK owner I know, prefers the full sized .30 cal gun HANDS DOWN !   you know the term "KRINK" is AMERICAN SLANG right? the term does not even exist in the comm block world.  yep, sexy at a glance and certainly a wild ride that can get old REAL QUICK.