WTS Belt-Fed MK46 M249 $7850 (only one left)

K Nielson

• WTS MK46 Semi-Auto Belt-Fed

I currently have about a dozen of newly manufactured belt-fed rifles, model MGA MK46, ready for sale and more in production now.  So delivery times will range from immediate to a few weeks at most.

Unlike the FN semi-auto, our Patent-Protects SAWs are more modern, have been in production for many years, and are built as HK Host guns.  Hence, registered sears and registered packs will work with these guns (where allowed by law, of course, and utilizing our non-NFA full auto operating groups).

All models of MGA belt-fed semi-auto rifles are actually based on our military line and, thus, use ALL standard M249-style parts such as top covers, quick change barrels, etc.

These Semi-Auto belt-fed rifles combine the military-style M249/Mk46 receiver with an H&K trigger pack. The internals are redesigned from open-bolt, full-auto, to operate as a closed-bolt, semi-auto using a H&K hammer and H&K pack. ATF approval was received May 2009 and we have been producing these PATENT PROTECTED rifles since January 2010.  

All of our rifles are multi-caliber capable; we currently offer caliber conversion kits for: 300 Blackout, 260 Remington, 7.62x51mm, and 6.8mm SPC. 

Since our rifles use H&K trigger packs, they can be used as an H&K Host Gun with a Registered Sear or Registered Trigger pack (where allowed by law.) Operating group for full-auto use are non-NFA items and are available on our website.

www.machinegunarmory.com

This gun is shipped with our newest PATENT-PENDING semi-auto operating group (called: G3.SA Mk4) which uses standard Heckler & Koch® G3-style trigger packs. The new operating group also uses standard Heckler & Koch® hammers, not the old fashioned (and less reliable) custom-made long hammers.

These gun are available NOW.  Base Price is $7850

call (801) 839-4683

Edited by K Nielson
only one left

Will you please help me to understand why you make that assertion? Is a legal issue or a mechanical  issue or something else, NFA perhaps?  Revised on 3-15-2016

I have gone through the same thing wondering about using my gun as a host gun using the registered sear of a friend. I contacted the Denver ATF office and they in turn contacted the Salt Lake City field office of the ATF. Agent Forster called me and we spoke for over one-half hour about what is legal and what is not. There were many different things we discussed but the one question I asked specifically is: Can I put the registered G3 sear of a friend in a trigger pack into my semi-automatic rifle that has a shelf in the trigger housing. I was told this: As long as the G3 trigger pack has a registration and tax stamp with the serial number of the pack listed on the registration It can be put into the gun. The person to whom the pack is registered must retain control the assembled gun for the duration of the assembly. As soon as the trigger pack is removed I may take possession of the my gun.

I was also given a phone number to call with any other questions. I have not called it but here it is if you want double check what I have told you.  801-524-7000

Edited by K Nielson
clarification

I don’t think anybody in the NFA community doubts that a Fleming style HK conversion sear could be mechanically installed onto an MGA MK46 Semi-Auto Host gun and convert it into a machinegun.

However, the general consensus within the HK collecting community, (based on numerous historical BATFE Technical Branch letters) is that “Transferable” machinegun conversion sears can only be used within the firearm host family they were originally designed for.

In this particular case, transferable HK conversion sears are believed to be legally limited to HK 9X “style”  roller-locked  hosts per BATFE historical precedent, unless permission is otherwise specified.

Without clear documentation that this sear/host combination is legal and that no post-sample machinegun is created in the process, most transferable HK conversion sear and box owners (whom are also not current FFL/SOTs) are skeptical of the legality of this arrangement.

My impression is that you would sell a boatload of your semi-auto M249/MK46 guns if your company obtained a BATFE Tech Branch determination letter, clearly stating that transferable HK conversion sears (or boxes) could legally be used in conjunction with MGA belt-fed host guns.

I know I would buy one if I knew for sure it the arrangement was legal.

Hope this helps answer your question

• Like 2

In MGA's defense they use clever wordsmenship in what they claim. They say a "registered sear" can be used. Which is true, a post sample sear can be used. A post sample sear is registered with the ATF, but common use of wording in the NFA community for a "registered sear" would lead most people to believe MGA is saying you can legally use a "transferable" registered sear in their gun. Which isn't true. By installing a transferable sear in one of the MGA guns you'd make a new post sample machine gun. 

But they aren't lying when they say a "registered sear" can legally be used. Just not what most people think of when they read that. Clever indeed. As always, buyer beware and know what you are getting into. 

45 minutes ago, jbntex said:

I don’t think anybody in the NFA community doubts that a Fleming style HK conversion sear could be mechanically installed onto an MGA MK46 Semi-Auto Host gun and convert it into a machinegun.

However, the general consensus within the HK collecting community, (based on numerous historical BATFE Technical Branch letters) is that “Transferable” machinegun conversion sears can only be used within the firearm host family they were originally designed for.

In this particular case, transferable HK conversion sears are believed to be legally limited to HK 9X “style”  roller-locked  hosts per BATFE historical precedent, unless permission is otherwise specified.

Without clear documentation that this sear/host combination is legal and that no post-sample machinegun is created in the process, most transferable HK conversion sear and box owners (whom are also not current FFL/SOTs) are skeptical of the legality of this arrangement.

My impression is that you would sell a boatload of your semi-auto M249/MK46 guns if your company obtained a BATFE Tech Branch determination letter, clearly stating that transferable HK conversion sears (or boxes) could legally be used in conjunction with MGA belt-fed host guns.

I know I would buy one if I knew for sure it the arrangement was legal.

Hope this helps answer your question

There was a letter that said it wasn't. I'll have to go dig out my old lap top and see if I can find it. It's been years since it was posted, but I saved it because I wanted to buy one when they were first released but the letter from the ATF said it was a no go for,the reasons you stated. 

8 hours ago, shadowman said:

To the OP / Mr. Nielson / MGA:

I own a registered transferrable Pre-'86 HK Sear.  I am not an SOT.

Can I legally use my sear in your gun?

Thanks!

(Short answer)Sure can! 

(Long answer)Apply to be an FFL/SOT. Once approved notify the ATF you are manufacturing a new post sample MG. Install sear making a new post sample. Profit. 

(Full disclosure, I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a holiday inn express last night) 

Edited by damcv62
  • Like 1

It appears that there is a great deal of interest in this subject and that I need to seek additional advice on just what is allowable and what is not. I will change the way this is presented and seek further information about the subject. Thanks to all who shared info on the subject. To damcv62 I think it best to consult someone who knows the rules better than I do.

12 hours ago, jbntex said:

I agree. Transferable Sears, etc., Cannot be, Legally, utilized Unless you have a Rock-Solid Determination Letter from Tech Branch specifically stating BATFE Approval. Would be Awesome if that comes to pass but I also wish that Jeb Bush would be our next President...

10 hours ago, K Nielson said:

It appears that there is a great deal of interest in this subject and that I need to seek additional advice on just what is allowable and what is not. I will change the way this is presented and seek further information about the subject. Thanks to all who shared info on the subject. To damcv62 I think it best to consult someone who knows the rules better than I do.

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming you. At all. It appears you are selling a product that the parent company hasn't been quite so clear on. I used to work at a large gun shop, and we had a couple of customers who really wanted to buy one of these guns and use as a sear host. After much time and expense(and we had our company lawyer take a look at it) we decided that we wouldn't deal with MGA for their lack of communication on this very subject.

I no longer work for that company, and my views and feelings are those of my own personal belief on the subject. Take it for what it's worth. Like I've posted before, people need to be sure of what they are buying and make informed decisions.  

Truth.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat  IF and I do mean IF the company would display an approval form from the ATFE allowing registered, TRANSFERABLE, non-SOT owned sears. Why lose your gun rights, spend time with a CLOSE buddy at Club Fed, and completely bankrupt yourself when, for a couple K more, you could go with a completely legal MM-23 for the same fun?

Edited by Shattered
  • Like 1

K Neilson,

Maybe be you guys are unaware of the legalities of making such items. I don't assume malicious intent, as I know a manufacturer who clearly does not understand all of the laws on such an issue. But please consult with an NFA lawyer and clarify the legalities on your website or take the item off your website.

Using your host (MK46, etc) with a registered transferable sear creates a post sample. The owner would be walking around with an illegal and unregistered MG, unless the owner has the proper 02/07 FFL. But what 02/07 in their right mind uses a registered sear to create a post sample?

This reminds me of the guys who tried to slap a MAC trigger on an MK46 and later a SCAR17 and tried to sell the 'legal' F/A MK46 for $200,000. Lol. Or the frankensear (the unregistered RDIAS that had a broken RLL welded onto it, and posted on GB for half a day before it was taken down)...reminds me of that too.

Please consult an NFA lawyer ASAP for your own good, and for the good of any unwitting buyer.

Machineguntony, pretty much every statement you made is incorrect.  NFA attorney?  What exactly is that?  If you can show me somewhere in the NFA where a tax paid registration of a machinegun and in this case an atf fictional item "conversion device machinegun" has any limitations as to the firearm they are placed in?   They "made up" the sear and other conversion devices  themselves, then made up rules (which are not in the CFR by the way) as to how they can be placed but only in certain specific examples by letters to specific people.  Until I see a letter specifically prohibiting the use in this firearm I don't see any reason you can't.   MGA should challenge any such ruling but like everyone else most likely won't.  They'd have the full support of the NRA behind them right?

Roller locking has no relevancy whatsoever to registration of any registered machinegun, that is what you need to keep in mind.   M16 lowers are also conversion devices since they don't meet the definition of a firearm receiver and why arbitrary limitations have been placed on them as well in specific examples by letter rulings.  

I know three things for sure:

1.  this situation and combination is legal by current published regulations.

2.  There is a letter forthcoming saying it's not.

3.  There will be no legal challenge to that letter  and people will have to cease and desist putting that combo together. or challenge it on their own.   If you already own a sear and one of these guns will that be the dreaded "constructive possession"? 

56 minutes ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Machineguntony, pretty much every statement you made is incorrect.

Let me see, the person here representing the company says he is not sure and needs to do more research but you know for sure??? 

Seems to me we have seen the ATF already reject some examples where the conversion devices in firearms they were not made for. FNC Sears in a SCAR. At least in this case we had the same manufacturer and they still said no! 

Bottom line is this. Conversion devices were made for specific firearms families or models, NOT ALL types of firearms. For example, could one take a HK trigger pak and rework a mini gun to accept and use this HK trigger pak as its trigger system? Would that pass ATF? If this is legal, and I wish it would be, I see a complete new line of every modern MG made to accept HK Trigger paks and other conversion devices. I am sure I can work FNC sears into the design of some of these guns too. 

If the company representative is not able to state this is legal, then its a pretty fair assumption its not. I would absolutely LOVE to buy one of these guns and a Transferable HK pak/sear. So please prove me wrong! I have heard of several letters stating this is legal but I have seen none... 

One more real life example. Todd Bailey, who started God only knows how many HK clone companies, applied to use an HK sear in an HK UMP and an HK G-36 type clone. Both were disallowed by ATF... supposedly wrong "family" of guns. They ran great... oh well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Machineguntony, pretty much every statement you made is incorrect.  NFA attorney?  What exactly is that?  If you can show me somewhere in the NFA where a tax paid registration of a machinegun and in this case an atf fictional item "conversion device machinegun" has any limitations as to the firearm they are placed in?   They "made up" the sear and other conversion devices  themselves, then made up rules (which are not in the CFR by the way) as to how they can be placed but only in certain specific examples by letters to specific people.  Until I see a letter specifically prohibiting the use in this firearm I don't see any reason you can't.   MGA should challenge any such ruling but like everyone else most likely won't.  They'd have the full support of the NRA behind them right?

Roller locking has no relevancy whatsoever to registration of any registered machinegun, that is what you need to keep in mind.   M16 lowers are also conversion devices since they don't meet the definition of a firearm receiver and why arbitrary limitations have been placed on them as well in specific examples by letter rulings.  

I know three things for sure:

1.  this situation and combination is legal by current published regulations.

2.  There is a letter forthcoming saying it's not.

3.  There will be no legal challenge to that letter  and people will have to cease and desist putting that combo together. or challenge it on their own.   If you already own a sear and one of these guns will that be the dreaded "constructive possession"? 

I just.....don't even know...........this makes my head hurt.

9 minutes ago, Shattered said:

I would assume a lawyer that works for the ATF. Maybe in the NFA branch? Just putting' two and two together here....

We used Prince Law. He has a firearms division. I'd think if any lawyer was qualified to speak on the issue he is. I mean he might be full of shit, but the guy owns a number of cool transferables, has been practicing law in the firearms realm of things for who knows how many years, and likely owns a holiday inn express. 

2 hours ago, Shattered said:

There you go. At least it isn't a 7-11 or Hadji Mart. Good one.

:P

Prince is good people. He brings his toys to the range and let's people shoot them. Not many lawyers I know that do that. It didn't quote the other guy asking what a NFA attorney was. That's who my comment was directed at. 

• Like 1

Most of the designs quoted required modifying another manufacturer's gun to make things fit.  When you can drop in a FNC sear into a SCAR, you'll be good to go, but FN will never make that possible for numerous reasons.  Heck it's not even a drop in in an FNC?  Note those were reclassified to even make that legitimate.   Todd Bailey.....really?  In business?   Kind of an oxymoron?  

Nice that Prince law is a friendly NFA shooter and I know others that are as well, just none legally or financially qualified or backed IMO, to take on an argument of this narrow scope.  Relatively few attorneys have ever finished a trial to the end...... something they never want to be asked about.

I only know of two guns made that were set up specifically for this and one guy is out of business already, then there's this one.  I won't be surprised if they pull the pin as well.  When these "devices" were done it was never specified that they go into any specific gun, it was assumed, thus for many of the guys that did conversion devices they were registered effectively as stand alone machineguns.  Others at the time were told they had to have a completed firing firearm to be considered registered regardless of the components they may have had at the time. and were not allowed to register these same components so there's no uniformity and atf has allowed some of these components to now, after the initial boondoggle, be separated from the completed firearm and classified as a MG on it's own.  

Just because they write a denial letter doesn't make it so. unless you accept it and walk away as most do for a multitude of reasons.   They frequently overturn their own letters.  They tread lightly on these matters since the whole NFA hangs by a legal thread and is always one case away from being totally overturned. 

I'm aware that engineering, science, and math makes most people's head hurt, but I enjoy it and my head never hurts.LOL

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Most of the designs quoted required modifying another manufacturer's gun to make things fit.  When you can drop in a FNC sear into a SCAR, you'll be good to go, but FN will never make that possible for numerous reasons.  Heck it's not even a drop in in an FNC?  Note those were reclassified to even make that legitimate.  ......

.... When these "devices" were done it was never specified that they go into any specific gun, it was assumed, thus for many of the guys that did conversion devices they were registered effectively as stand alone machineguns.  Others at the time were told they had to have a completed firing firearm to be considered registered regardless of the components they may have had at the time. and were not allowed to register these same components so there's no uniformity and atf has allowed some of these components to now, after the initial boondoggle, be separated from the completed firearm and classified as a MG on it's own.  

Just because they write a denial letter doesn't make it so....

I'm aware that engineering, science, and math makes most people's head hurt, but I enjoy it and my head never hurts.LOL

You can't drop an HK trigger pack on a FN Made Minimi. This gun in question is not made by FN and is not a FN design as far as I can tell. Its taking one gun and modifying it to fit another manufacturers trigger pack. You can't just drop this HK trigger pak on a standard Minimi or M249... I feel like you made my point.

These devices are referred to as conversion devices. They are made from Converting semi autos into MGs. I believe the parts you are talking about, like AK Sears require the semi receiver to be modified to fit what is an original or copy of an original part. This is why they were unregistered or married to the gun if already used. This idea they are stand along MGs is just wrong. They can not be made to fire on their own, so the only way the fit NFA requirements are that they are devices with no other purpose then to convert guns to shoot Full Auto. 

So now the ATF's denial letter is not enough... ok...

I am an engineer, to be frank your argument above does make my head hurt a bit... :)

Unless somebody out there has a determination letter from the BATFE in their pocket and isn't publishing it, than my take is that ultimately nobody  really knows where the BATFE stands in regards to these MGA guns when combined with an transferable HK Sear.  Apparently even the manufacturer claims to not even really know. 

As already mentioned, the historical precedent from the BATFE tech branch is that they have taken a  dim view of putting a conversion sears into a firearm that they deem “outside” of the family it was intended for or using a registered receiver as a conversion device on another firearm.

The industry has many historical examples of denials by the BATFE of these types of host/sear/receiver combination requests

However, the BATFE has also published some letters seemingly to the contrary stating a DIAS can go into a LE901 or a AUG Sear could “maybe” go into a PS90.

In this specific use case the purchaser of one of these MGA guns is taking on all the risk at both a financial level (purchasing an $8K host gun that could become an expensive semi-auto wall hanger if an unfavorable ruling publically came to light)  as well as the legal ramifications if caught and prosecuted.  This is why many transferable sear owners are extremely skeptical of purchasing these guns to use as a HK Sear Host.

The folks in the best position to clear this up in my estimation is the manufacturer (MGA)  They know the detailed mechanics of the gun, have dealt with the ATF on approval for the semi auto host classification, are FFL/SOTs, and could easily send in an example host gun with an HK sear installed with a request for a determination.

MGA  are also the ones with the most to gain financially should they take the steps to clear up this issue with an ultimately positive outcome. 

If MGAs determination request was denied the next step should they choose to fight the ruling would be a court case.  This is something that to the best of my knowledge nobody has really cared to invest the time and money to fight the BATFE on one of these “sear outside the family” type of rulings.

Edited by jbntex

8 hours ago, IMBLITZVT said:

You can't drop an HK trigger pack on a FN Made Minimi. This gun in question is not made by FN and is not a FN design as far as I can tell. Its taking one gun and modifying it to fit another manufacturers trigger pack. You can't just drop this HK trigger pak on a standard Minimi or M249... I feel like you made my point.

These devices are referred to as conversion devices. They are made from Converting semi autos into MGs. I believe the parts you are talking about, like AK Sears require the semi receiver to be modified to fit what is an original or copy of an original part. This is why they were unregistered or married to the gun if already used. This idea they are stand along MGs is just wrong. They can not be made to fire on their own, so the only way the fit NFA requirements are that they are devices with no other purpose then to convert guns to shoot Full Auto. 

So now the ATF's denial letter is not enough... ok...

I am an engineer, to be frank your argument above does make my head hurt a bit... :)

no you missed it completely.  The MGA gun is built effectively from scratch to take the trigger pack with no mods just like the HK series or the similar guns of other mfrs. of guns that take the pack with no modification.    I haven't seen any denial letter for the MGA gun ......yet, but it's coming......see #2 above.   

On all of my forms for my registered sears and trigger packs (except one) it states "machinegun".   No other restrictions or descriptions are on the form nor in any of the CFR.  Do you have a form that cites any restrictions or can cite a paragraph in the CFR that restricts such use?    My registered trigger pack will drop right into the MGA gun with no mods, same as many other HK guns.   The friction sears that go into trigger packs don't just drop in either, they often need to be significantly modified to accept them.....yet that's OK?   Lot's of conjecture and personalized letters about what is allowed and not allowed, but I don't see anything in print and up until the public is notified in a public way none of it counts. 

I've actually worked on most of this stuff, I don't just send this stuff out to have it worked on and get it back not knowing what was actually done in the secret HK world.   If you are an engineer I'd be curious to know what railroad you work for?  And if you are in the locomotive or the caboose?

2 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

no you missed it completely.  The MGA gun is built effectively from scratch to take the trigger pack with no mods just like the HK series or the similar guns of other mfrs. of guns that take the pack with no modification.    I haven't seen any denial letter for the MGA gun ......yet, but it's coming......see #2 above.   

On all of my forms for my registered sears and trigger packs (except one) it states "machinegun".   No other restrictions or descriptions are on the form nor in any of the CFR.  Do you have a form that cites any restrictions or can cite a paragraph in the CFR that restricts such use?    My registered trigger pack will drop right into the MGA gun with no mods, same as many other HK guns.   The friction sears that go into trigger packs don't just drop in either, they often need to be significantly modified to accept them.....yet that's OK?   Lot's of conjecture and personalized letters about what is allowed and not allowed, but I don't see anything in print and up until the public is notified in a public way none of it counts. 

I've actually worked on most of this stuff, I don't just send this stuff out to have it worked on and get it back not knowing what was actually done in the secret HK world.   If you are an engineer I'd be curious to know what railroad you work for?  And if you are in the locomotive or the caboose?

I did not miss any of it. Tell you what... lets design a Mini gun that can accept a HK trigger packs and we will all be set. Just because MGA altered FN's design to use a HK trigger pack does not make it from scratch. 

Well thats because the definition of a Machine gun includes conversion devices: 

26 U.S.C. § 5845(b)

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act the term Machinegun means:

• Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger
  • The frame or receiver of any such weapon
  • Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, or

• Any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-national-firearms-act-definitions-0

Also note that is says converting a weapon, not all weapons... 

I actually work on my own stuff too. Not many Form 1 MGs out there... but I have one. Good one on the Train reference. Not really a loco or a caboose. tumblr_n8gcdtuNaQ1txx6x7o1_1280.jpg

Indeed.  No where does it say anything about putting that registered part into a different gun without alteration of the host gun.   MGA is the mfr. so technically it's theirs, whether or not they use FN parts I can't actually say since in requesting info from them a while back they won't really respond to much of anything.  And since they wouldn't acknowledge using quality parts from other places I suspected the quality was dubious as well as other aspects of their business so I had put off ordering.  I know most types of these things get the heavy handed slap down and aren't necessarily illegal or not permitted, they just seem to go away without much discussion for a variety of reasons and the problems seem to solve themselves.

Just an FYI miniguns were not fair game until someone wrote a letter back in the 70's from what I've been told.  They had been just cool motor driven gattling guns until someone drew attention to the motor and brought the hammer down on that.  And even now there are different parts that were registered since the outer housing most often registered is not a receiver by definition.  Another clear cut mess.

OK so what is that thing in the picture?   And is the DD receiver registered as OAL 48' long? Or would you have to go 576"?   I would love to see them find the 3/16 lettering with the mfr info somewhere underneath. 

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

OK so what is that thing in the picture?   And is the DD receiver registered as OAL 48' long? Or would you have to go 576"?   I would love to see them find the 3/16 lettering with the mfr info somewhere underneath. 

My Armored Train I am the Engineer of.... come on man! :) Don't forget Armored Maxims sticking out the side!

• 2 years later...

Open reply to johnsonLMG41

Indeed.  No where does it say anything about putting that registered part into a different gun without alteration of the host gun.   MGA is the mfr. so technically it's theirs, whether or not they use FN parts I can't actually say since in requesting info from them a while back they won't really respond to much of anything.  And since they wouldn't acknowledge using quality parts from other places I suspected the quality was dubious as well as other aspects of their business so I had put off ordering.  I know most types of these things get the heavy handed slap down and aren't necessarily illegal or not permitted, they just seem to go away without much discussion for a variety of reasons and the problems seem to solve themselves.

Let me get this straight. You didn't get the answer you wanted or they did't answer the phone or answer your email. What question(s) did you ask? Are you mad because you don't have the money so you make the statement "And since they wouldn't acknowledge using quality parts from other places I suspected the quality was dubious as well as other aspects of their business" Nice one sided story. Thank you so much for sharing your suspicion. I, on the other hand dropped the 10k and bought the Mk46 and have had no problems what so ever with it, Okay one problem. I have placed a full auto pack into my gun with the Mk4 op-group from MGA and fired the gun in full auto. I don't know the legalities but johnsonLMG41 the quality is just fine. The one failure I did have was due to a "quality" FN bolt that broke, which MGA replaced with one of theirs and it is now working just fine. For those of you who don't  have 30k, or what ever a trigger pack with a sear costs, Franklin Armory is working on a binary trigger pack that "drops into the H&K trigger box and then goes into the MGA trigger housing. It fires a little faster than semi-auto single release. It is possible to overrun the trigger because the hammer releases prematurely, However, with a steady pull fire release fire it is possible to shoot many targets in short order. It is not as fast as a machine gun but with all the money I save on ammo I'll have enough to buy another Mk46 with Franklin Armory binary trigger and then with two of us shooting it will be closer to speed of a machine gun. And johnsonLMG41 just because I have never talked to you does not make me suspect you are not a quality person. I don't know you so I'll just say nothing one way or the other. If you have a specific beef with MGA, that's one thing, but you just sound angry and are taking It out a easy target. BTW the sentence is grammatically more accurate if you say just "I put off ordering" leave the had out.

Edited by userM249
Spelling error, rewrite, grammar

Well, to follow up I bought one on the secondary market so I have actual experience with the parts (since I've taken it down several times and swapped many parts) and most are USGI/ FN other than the receiver and oprod group.  The receiver has some, what I'd call minor fitting issues and missing an attachment  for tripod mounting that FN 249's have.  I ordered some parts from them directly and did eventually receive them.  Delivery was if I recall near a month for what was supposed to be an "in stock" part.  A second order took them around a week to ship (another in stock part).  I don't recall ever getting a phone response after leaving messages (no one ever answered the phone during business hours) .  Fortunately I am now done ordering parts from them.  All my deliveries from Ares were shipped more promptly than these and they've been ridiculed for nearly 15 years for their poor service....that I have apparently not been subjected to, so I'd describe it as  "relative and situational".

Having said all of that I would not change a thing in my original post.  Portions which I speculated on came to fruition.  I type these posts and don't frequently proofread, so errors are more than likely, but actually assumed.  Is this post "less" angry?  I am not a particularly emotional person either way, but people often project their emotions into posts on the internet, I think looking for more drama than actually exists.  I see it so often I could cry....LOL.  I own several registered sears....no financial issues here, but I require value for my purchases regardless of cost. 

I don't have any beefs with MGA or you.  I pretty much knew what I was getting before I got it and for what it is, and what I paid,  I'm all good.  Sounds like you are too?  Had I dumped in 10K I'd be less happy, but that would have been my choice and to me the value is not 10K currently.   Are they an easy target, well since they don't communicate and I haven't seen any discussion about their product for a long time, maybe?  I don't get out much so I maybe have missed it?  I had more comm. with Eric Grimes and he was much more available (less so now I'm told) to answer questions even if he was making up some of the answers, which I suspected after speaking with him on several occasions.  Nice guy though. 

1/12/19 Update.  I installed the gen 4 oprod setup today.  Well worth the money, makes the gun much more used friendly, removes the possibility of bolt bounce (which I don't think FN does).  I'd  say it's a 60% upgrade of the gun as a whole.  Modified the original gen 3 bolt to match the new specs and am using that putting aside the new bolt that came with it.  Utilization of the  HK trigger packs without the big hammer and all HK parts is a major plus IMO.  The carrier setup is professionally machined, finished,  and assembled and likely significantly more durable than the gen 3 setup which was kind of rough. 

Edited by johnsonlmg41
updated info