M16s come down some - Morphy Auction today

Austringer

Some numbers looked fair......but for alot of the items, when you add the 20%buyer's premium.... not so much

case in point: $10,000 bid winning bid on a m11 380 with briefcase and silencer........ after buyers premium, $12000.....

Edited by wabo
update example

It said it sold for about 31K  before buyer's premium and the auctioneer said sold.  Now it's not even showing up on any searches.  If I had won that, I would be filing a lawsuit if they tried to back out of  the sale.  There was no stated reserve.

J.

Reserves are never stated and trust me, no auction Co is backing out of any sale, buyers yes, auctions NO.  There are a number of 161's around, but the main problem is would you rather have a 161 or an E6 style gun?  Once you start bastardizing the 161, you may as well have gotten something else that's readily able to be modified and more of a shooter, than some collectible piece that needs to stay original to retain it's value.....even though that may be dropping?

since the first SACO guns hit the civilian market, few in the trade paid any attention to them unless it was a PERFECT example to sit unused in a collection. always doubt about what parts fit and I have seen variations so who knows. the gun at MORPHYS did sell. and the actual price NET the buyer paid is the posted figure. like all gun auctions, many of the examples offered had faults one can only see IN HAND! I bought several pieces and each one was examined by someone capable before I did. they attract a large gallery of folks on the floor that looked also. the only low priced 16 variant I know of was that 639 with original moderator. just under $28. I have seen them go in much worse condition for an easy $35k and rumored much more so go figure. many great buys hammered, but remember they can always bid again so you NEVER know what an additional bid would have done. when trying to figure why a price was realized, you can NEVER know what the motivation was. my north wall has several variations and is as exciting to view as a corn field but, OK, IM THE BIG DUMMY THAT PAID more than $23k FOR AN UZI !  forget that it was FACTORY MADE BY FABRIQUE NATIONAL IN BELGIUM, forget there MIGHT be only one or 2 others if any, FORGET that its also marked SIONICS and had an original EARLY WERBELL SIONICS CAN. BUT CONSIDER , I HAD THAT VERY GUN IN MY HAND, standing next to GORDAN INGRAHM at the POWDER SPRINGS RANGE, just before they cheated him out of his design and ran him off dooming the company. I will relive those moments and the privilege countless times IF I MANAGE TO GET THE GOL-DANGED TRANSFER APPROVED B-4 I'M GONE.  priceless in my book !  when MILITARY ARMAMENT was trying show more credibility  for the company, they cataloged several one off examples in order to have an impressive line and at the same time promote suppressors. this auction had it along with several examples of those arms and several hammered for less then like models offered today.  I play at all 3 of the MAJOR firearm auction houses HARD and today NOBODY gives me the confidence or service as well as MORPHY's has. the HEAD NFA GUY, knows his stuff and the right people to ask for help. yup the extra 5% hit a bit, but after my third event, its cheap for what you get .