STREET ADDRESS
CITY, STATE, ZIP
PHONE NUMBER

DATE

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
ATTN: Disclosure Division, Room 4E.301
99 New York Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20226

re: Information Request Pursuant to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, NAME, residing at STREET ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, hereby request, pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, that you provide me with all information and copies of all documents related to the firearm specified below, that is, on information and belief, a machine-gun registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record:

MANUFACTURER, MODEL, SERIAL NUMBER

Specifically, I am seeking a copy of the original registration form (ATF Form 2 – Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported) showing the date of manufacture for the above referenced firearm.

I understand that certain personal information on records relating to the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record are exempt from disclosure under FOIA. To the extent possible, please provide me with copies of such records redacted to remove the exempt information.

I hereby agree to pay all search and duplication fees in the amount of up to AMOUNT. If you estimate fees will exceed this amount, please contact me. I am making this request as an individual seeking information for personal use and not for a commercial use, which I believe makes me an "all other requestor" for purposes of calculation of such fees.

I declare under penalty of perjury that I am NAME, that this letter is submitted on behalf of myself, and to the best of my knowledge that I am the current lawful owner of the machine-gun described above. I declare that the information set forth in this letter is true and correct and that I understand the penalties for requesting access to records under false pretenses.

Respectfully,

SIGNATURE

NAME

Just enter your applicable information on the bolded items, print it, sign it, mail it in. Takes anywhere from a few weeks to several months. A lot of the information will be redacted but you should be able to see when your gun was born and every time it transferred registration.

In Liberty,

Kristopher

Edited by MontanaRenegade86
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Here you go, Brother Thumpy. 

Just enter your applicable information on the bolded items, print it, sign it, mail it in. Takes anywhere from a few weeks to several months. A lot of the information will be redacted but you should be able to see when your gun was born and every time it transferred registration.

In Liberty,

Kristopher

What is the typical amount charged for the duplication fees? Just curious

7 hours ago, riflejunky said:

What is the typical amount charged for the duplication fees? Just curious

I've never paid a single cent for any of my FOIA requests. I usually put $100 for the amount, but a guy would probably be fine with $10.

Also, include a copy of your Form 3/4.

Not necessary.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, MontanaRenegade86 said:

Here you go, Brother Thumpy. 

In Liberty,

Kristopher

Thank you my friend.