1914 Colt Automatic Gun “potato digger” DEWAT

Got Uzi

Selling my 1914 Colt Automatic Gun aka “Potato Digger” Gun is still a DEWAT but will be a very easy to bring back to life. Outside is rough but internals are in great shape. Needs cleaned up but would make a good shooter. Barrel and receiver numbers do NOT match. Gun is at a dealer ready to transfer. Chambered in 303 British and has what appears to be British proof marks on it. Gun only, NO tripod, cradle or belt.

Have approx 4,300 rds of 303 British ammunition (Brit and South African) that I’d sell the buyer if interested. 

$8,500 OBO 

Txt or call (330) 432-4598

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BTT with an update-I now have in my pocession replacement Colt side plates, an extremely nice Colt 303 Barrel, and a replacement trigger assembly with grips. These parts obviously will affect the price and yes parts can be found for these guns. 

• 8 months later...

The gun was lightly DEWAT’d and will be no issue at all to fix. There are 2 small and garbage welds from the barrel to the receiver with no heat penitration at all and will come off with a cold chisel and hammer (an example of how bad they are) the barrel has a short plug in the chamber and I’m extremely confident the barrel plug did not damage the chamber area given what I see of the other welds  

I now have a set of replacement Colt side plates, replacement Colt 303 barrel, Colt belt loader, Colt wooden ammo box, original 1895 Colt manual, 1895 grip/fire control assembly and a couple other misc pieces. 

I have the gun apart (except the barrel and receiver) and started cleaning it up to start the cosmetic restoration of it. Upon disassembly I discovered this is one of the few guns that had the side cocking assembly as it would appear it saw use on a vehicle due to the rare options it has/had. The side charging system and the feed wheel release/belt release (still intact) from the research I’ve done so far it appears to have been in the service of the Machine Gun Moror Brigades in Canada during WWI, and prior to 1916-1917 when they converted over to using Lewis and Vickers guns. 

Price with all the extras now-$12,500 OBO 

Ammunition is still available as well 

I would consider a Registered Receiver Uzi for trade. Gun is sitting on a Form 5 in my possession. Any additional information feel free to call or txt me (it’s a lot easier and faster than PM or email)

(330) 432-459eight