WTT: Very Rare Advanced Collector C&R MP38/40

Schmeisser Guy

Hello, I am looking to trade a very rare early production MP40 coded 122 40 which is early Haenel production. Serial number 2460a and also has an IRS #xxxx. I would rate the finish as a conservative 80%+, 100% matching which includes the endcap, trigger guard, stock. receiver tube, rear site, bolt, firing pin, sling ring, barrel, front site, barrel resting bar (aluminum), magwell. This gun has all the very rare early features to include the square hook front site, slab side magwell, hook style cocking handle with rare unmodified receiver. I have talked to Alex Cruiming (mp40.nl) and he said the gun is rare and only six out of 600 MP40's in his worldwide database have this code. This gun also has some unusual markings like a big letter E stamped on the top of the receiver. No one knows what this is for. Also this gun has 8,82 stamped on the barrel which stands for 8,82mm as the Germans were experimenting with different size bullets. Also has triple proofmarks on barrel (waffenampt 37). Gun is not for sale for trade only on a Form 4 in Wyoming. I have fired this gun about 200 rounds and it ran great. 

What I am looking for in trade. a) A nice shooter grade C&R MP40, original finish (at least 40%-50% finish). Your gun MUST have the ribbed magwell plus the push button cocking handle. Mismatch gun ok. I would want your gun plus cash on your end for my gun. or b) May consider an even trade for a really nice C&R MP40 (90%+ original finish or so), 100% matching. Again, your gun MUST have the ribbed magwell plus the push button cocking handle. May also do an even up trade for a shooter grade gun that has an interesting or bizarre history. I do not know how to post pictures but I have taken about 2 dozen pics and can send them to your email or phone. Email feldherrnhalle@hotmail.com or text/phone (307) 670-3039. If no answer, please leave name, number and a short message. Also if you are serious about this gun, I HIGHLY recommend you come and see this gun in person.

Edited by Schmeisser Guy
Have talked to a fellow collector and he talked to an MP40 expert at the Show of Shows and the MP40 expert said that the E is a Gate Vilnius mark like on the Browning Hi Power handguns.

• 2 months later...

Have talked to a fellow collector and he talked to a German MP40 expert at the Show of Shows and the MP40 expert said that the giant E on the receiver is a Gate Vilnius mark used by Lithuanian forces during World War Two. This is the same mark used on some Browning Hi Power handguns.