Finger print card FD-258

BORE Shohola PA

5 hours ago, westgard said:

When you submitted your own prints, did you also just sign your name again in the box "person taking fingerprints"?

I noticed in F5 instructions that fingerprints could be taken by 'someone qualified', so I guess if you are qualified you can print yourself....

Yes, I did.

The Form (1, 4, & 5) instructions say “...fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.” I have the fingerprint card holders and good ink. ATF will supply the fingerprint cards upon request. I have submitted prints I have taken myself and have been approved.

The hardest part of printing yourself is getting the ring finger and little finger just right. It takes some practice but I can get prints as good as any Law Enforcement Officer using the ink method. Live Scan prints still look the best.

In Liberty,

KristopherH

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the fingerprint cards for my wife and myself for our trust for at least 15 submissions, form 1 and 4, no problems.  My PD was charging 15$ per 2 cards and it was getting too expensive.  I spent 20$ on amazon for lots of cards and a kit.