400 Round 7.62x51 Ammunition Cans with Feed Chute Attachment - NEW DESIGN - PICS

Aaron in Mohnton Pa

Wanted to share this with the group....A few years ago I started trying to develop a 7.62x51 Ammunition can that fits in a pack so there would be a supply for those wanting to make "Predator Packs"..mainly because there is ZERO availability for such cans right now.... Finally got the prototype done today. I contracted out to an aerospace company to make them.

The box itself is made from Carbon Fiber and weighs only 3 pounds. It hold 400 rounds of 7.62x51 and another 100 rounds in the chute depending how long of feed chute your using. The feed Chute attachment point and all metal hardware is stainless steel. There is two dividers and also some guide ramps on the opening made from UHMW (ultra high molecular weight Polyethylene)... That material is super slick like soap...

I hope to take this out in the coming weeks and torture test it to spot any weaknesses...Once testing is done I will be putting them in production and selling them here on the boards. All the tooling is made for them now so I should be able to crank them out.

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

xrx9kFU.jpg

ECJEGsc.jpg

tQgtNsP.jpg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks good to me. A squad defensive attachment that is quick detach to use standard belts along with Mother would make a fearsome squad for sure. And at only 36 pounds!

Still needs a bull soldier to handle it though. Probably two man crew served with second man carrying two support packs and spotting.

• 1 month later...

@BPinFL ,

I took a 240 helicopter gun end that I got from Rick at BMG Parts and modified it to work with the ground gun. Was very simple to do. Took about an hour total. 

Also, This feed tray with belt pawl plays an instrumental role on this set up being the belt doesn’t fall back into the chute when top cover is up. 

2FasQke.png

kTpVcTs.jpg

gQdwSWI.jpg

pvUdn8J.jpg

BdJkwm9.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

@Ryo , we had them made long time ago with the focus of securing a large contract. They were field tested by Military and we got really good reviews.. but the contract never came to be. Sadly… Haven’t had any in an long time. A few members here on the boards bought the 4 or 5 we had from the first batch. 

• Like 1

These boxes all sold for $1,500 each (just the box, no pack or chute etc).... The price was based on my cost per unit which was very close to that. We designed these and had an aerospace company build them.....That was over 4 years ago.... cost of materials etc now would likely make them even more expensive.... So its A LOT of money out on my end to make a very small amount..... Our goal was to secure a military contract and we came very close I believe.... Which would justify costs etc.... Sadly it didn't materialize... The reality is, very few people are willing to pay what they cost to make... and making 3 of them is not an option being the massive company we use has minimum order requirements to even talk about running them for us. 

More information and photos in the link below from when we sold off the inventory we did have. It also includes a write I received from the military unit that field tested them. 

Aaron

C8j3oPr.jpg

v4G9U2w.jpg

OuGcAR3.jpg