Bad news today for me...

R.L.

Well fella's I got some bad health news today unfortunately. Some may remember the story about the attempt on my life in 2009 by poisoning. I've been quietly suffering the aftereffects of that poisoning for 9 years now, but things were stabilized.

That all changed with my 3 month evaluation today.

Mostly it's white and red cell imbalances in my blood, but one condition triggers another so it becomes a little complicated after a while. Low blood numbers makes you feel pretty tired and sometimes I feel kinda'a bad. Even worse after treatments.

Been getting IV treatments for 4 years now at my local cancer center every 3-6 months. They work for a while, but my numbers slowly descend before my next treatment making treatments necessary sooner and sooner. 

Went for my usual 3 month evaluation today and my numbers were low...very low as a matter of fact. Now my oncologist thinks I'm slowly hemorrhaging inside somewhere, but he's not sure where. His grave concern, is now mine.

Have to be evaluated by my G.I. Dr. for a procedure soon to look inside to see where the problem is. 

This  diagnosis caught me a little off guard.

Talk about an immediate, unplanned life priority and attitude shift.

All I care about now is my wife and my dogs.

Everything else seems rather insignificant under the circumstances.

If I can offer any of you some advice, it would be take better care of yourself. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR REGULARLY!! Get a checkup, have your blood pressure monitored. Guys, get a prostate exam if you're anywhere near 50. Detection is 99% of a successful cure.

Thanks to all of you that have made the sales of my C-3 easier and actually fun. I always knew this time for me was coming, I just didn't know when.  My focus right now is enjoying what's left of my time, how ever long that is and trying to make up for lost time appreciating the things I should have appreciated, before all this happened.

FWIW,

R.L.

Bob I thank you for all your advice in the past. I closed on a vacation beach house in FL last month. Which means I didn’t end up living in a box behind Walmart, a very distinct possibility! Hopefully the doctors find a way of keeping the wheels on you for a long time to come. Wishing you well Bob.

Edited by MR 60
Spelling

• 1 month later...

So sorry to hear about your health.  I am retired Border Patrol and was poisoned about 6 times (on purpose) luckily, I only got food poisoning... I did donate the max (240 hours) of leave to an Agent I didn’t know who was poisoned with a farm chemical... I wish I saved his name... I’d like to know how he’s doing... I think he was poisoned in the North West... and it really did a number on him from what I hear... Good luck to you and God Bless!  Will keep you in my prayers.

Dan

• 1 month later...

I dont know if it is any help, but the liver is the main cleanser in your body. Have the Drs concidered a liver transplant? I had a heredity disease th as t caused my liver to fail and recieved a transplant. I went from days to live to now just short of 27 more years of life. Best of luck in any treatment you have.