WTS: 2- Browning 1919 barrels

R.L.

RL, without any attempt to be arrogant or disrespectful, Has something popped up that is NEW?  I have owned and been extremely active with .30 caliber brownings more than 45 years. I worked for INTERARMS and was exposed to most things out there. I currently own more than 200 NEW 1919 barrels among others. other than "STELLITE " liners, I have never seen any lined A4 barrels. the manufacturing process that IMI used leaves a bright ring at the muzzle that looks EXACTLY like a liner. However if you will dab a touch of cold blue to it, it will completely disappear and we all know chrome would not react that way. I always thought they were chrome , but when I pioneered the 7.62 x54 Russian conversions I found out it was just the finish.  In the early 80's I advised CHOLLY at SARCO of this, he tested some and changed his for sale adds. just recently new people there have put it back so I thought a new batch has showed up somehow, if so please let me know the numbers stamped on the barrels so I can add it to my log book and quit telling folks they don't exist. again no disrespect, I don't travel anymore and this is the only way I can stay up to date           THANK YOU !  cheers mike todd

Mike,

My original professional background is metallurgy/welding, so I'm kinda' familiar with plating and what it looks like, chrome or otherwise.These barrels absolutely are chrome plated in the chamber section of the barrel.

Whether or not the barrel is plated all the way to the booster end I cannot say, but the chambers ARE chrome plated. These barrels are  date stamped 2-34/1969 with a P inspectors stamp, the rest is in Hebrew.

Hope that helps.

R.L.

thank you for the info. one would think that anything different would have at least a diff lot number or? in more than 1500 nos izzy barrels I have bought, I have never seen anything any different  and all had the exact same markings , THEY ALL LOOKED LIKE CHROME TO ME TOO?   thanx and good luck ! mike