Bad deal with IVAN SHAPIRO

IVAN SHAPIRO has an HK briefcase listed here which is now sold it seems. Messaged and called him right after listing it to let him know I would take it for $1780 shipped and I would send a shipping label. He agreed and asked if I had paypal which I did. Told him I would send it Monday(Today) and if he would please send me the MFG of the case and dimensions on the box for the label. At 12:31 today he gave me his shipping address for the label and said he was away and couldn't get dimensions yet which wasn't a problem. At 1:44 today he called me to say he had already sold it to someone else and apologized saying it was "To much dicking around and said I didn't want it". Funny how my email yesterday at 3:32 PM to Ivan stated I wanted it and funds would go out today. That wasn't good enough

Warning to anyone wanting to do business with him seems he's some recommended dealer for years but doesn't hold up his end of the deal.

DICKING AROUND?   I thought this was a community of like minded people created to help one another?  WE DONT NEED JERKS LIKE THIS ROUND HERE , he wont get anything from me and I will ignore his posts no matter how rare.

5 hours ago, mike todd said:

DICKING AROUND?   I thought this was a community of like minded people created to help one another?  WE DONT NEED JERKS LIKE THIS ROUND HERE , he wont get anything from me and I will ignore his posts no matter how rare.

Lol yea that’s the first time I’ve ever heard someone tell me that on a deal that was still supposed to go down on the day I said I’d pay. Wasn’t even close to being the end of the business day. To much to ask for to verify a MFG on a case and get a ruler/scale out.

On 5/21/2018 at 0:55 PM, eMGunslinger said:

Warning to anyone wanting to do business with him seems he's some recommended dealer for years but doesn't hold up his end of the deal.

The recommended dealer thing is a load of crap.

I stopped putting any stock in it after a very lousy experience with a guy who was at one point a "recommended dealer". When I tried to address the issue on the other site, my post got zapped. That was several years ago and things have improved quite a bit. 

Sorry to hear about your lousy experience with Mr. Shapiro.

Agreed the recommended dealer listing over at flubguns is plain B.S. and always has been. Case in point. There is dealer in PA who is on this list, but will remain unnamed. He  likes to refer to himself as  "Doctor" WAFJ...DR LMAO! . I bought a Puteaux cannon from him and his rotund sidekick years ago. I paid this prick 100% upfront with a promise the form 4 would follow that week...but months later I literally had to stalk this dick down at a the Allentown Militaria show to get a signed form 4. It took over 6 months to get it. When he finally does send me the form 4, it's f-ing unsigned!!! Then there was the issue of a  sealed 8 rnd spam can of ammo that was supposed to come with the gun. Seems someone,  a disgruntled employee according to the Doctor, opened the can and stole 4 rounds...oh yea this was right before the fall know creek show, so I'm sure that's were my ammo ended up. SO who steals a half a can of ammo??? <ore B.S. from the Dr.This entire deal was a total disgrace from beginning to end. Recommenced dealer, yea right! If my memory serves me, I believe Van was on this recommended list too. I  believe this recommended dealer was sentenced to prison time for some shady M.G. deals.

R.L>

Lots of deadbeats out there, not pointing fingers at anyone. I'm sure you've had ads responded with "I'll take it" and the person never pursues the transaction. Once again no pun intended but I've learned my lesson, If I don't see funds when agreed, I move on immediately.

Edited by ig720