Steel DIAS RDIAS -- SOLD pending funds

JCM16Gunner

Steel DIAS manufactured by Broadhead Armory in Michigan. -- SOLD pending funds

INCLUDED free with the sale are:

Geissele SSF trigger -- new, installed but never fired; includes slave pin but no package.  
   Replacement Trip -- made from precipitation-hardened stainless 17-4 steel, rough cut almost finished, will also need final fitting and final heat treat.   The original trip is fully functional and is included also.
   Disconnector, Colt Mfg. -- in opened package, new unused.
   Full-Auto Selector Switch, Colt Mfg. -- new unused, no package. 

TERMS  
Full payment up-front.  Sorry no trades and no credit cards.  A (Class 3) Colorado FFL/SOT (To Bear Arms, LLC) will facilitate the sale per the terms listed further down in this thread.  I will pay for one $200 Form 4 transfer fee to the FFL.  I will also pay for shipping by any common carrier that the buyer chooses, however shipping insurance costs and responsibility for the final package delivery are the buyer's.

DIAS IMG_1816 Right.jpg

DIAS IMG_1819 L rear.jpg

DIAS IMG_1825 Left F.jpg

DIAS IMG_1814 Group.jpg

DIAS IMG_1820 right rear.jpg

DIAS IMG_1823 R top f.jpg

DIAS IMG_1862 Trip.jpg

Edited by JCM16Gunner
SOLD pending funds

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The original trip was releasing the trigger just slightly early when we tried it by hand (slowly letting the bolt close).  We never tried it on a live fire test, so don't know if it would work or not.  (If it didn't work then it would have been due to letting the hammer ride the carrier home instead of falling full-speed onto the firing pin.)

The first choice to correct this would be to position the whole DIAS a bit further forward in the receiver.  My friend (the machinist) was interested in making trips for this and other DIAS units out of curiosity and possibly to sell to others.  We were going to make a new trip anyway, so we thought "let's just get the new trip made and then we can monkey with the timing."

I don't know if the early timing was due to my receiver/upper geometry or the DIAS/trip itself, but it was a matter of a few thousandths of a inch so I do not expect that it would be too much trouble to get running with the original trip in your host gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi MWT, PM sent. 

I am a private party (not FFL/SOT) and currently have the DIAS on a Form 4. 

I edited this post on 9/6/20 as I am rethinking options for how the transfer gets done -- Form 4 to my (in-state) FFL/SOT then Form 3 to your FFL/SOT, versus directly to your (out-of-state) FFL/SOT, etc..  Stay tuned...

Edited by JCM16Gunner
rethinking options for how the transfer gets done

On 9/5/2020 at 10:12 AM, JCM16Gunner said:

Hi MWT, PM sent. 

I edited this post on 9/6/20 as I am rethinking options for how the transfer gets done -- Form 4 to my (in-state) FFL/SOT then Form 3 to your FFL/SOT, versus directly to your (out-of-state) FFL/SOT, etc..  Stay tuned...

You should start that transfer to your dealer on the form4 now. They are taking about two months. Then once that is approved your dealer can form3 that to anyone anywhere fairly quickly. That should help your sale go smoother since you are asking top dollar. 

On 9/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, JCM16Gunner said:

Hi MWT, PM sent. 

JCM16Gunner,

New here, but recently in the market. I know it’s sold pending funds but in the event funds don’t clear, I’m interested.