wtk: Are there any transferable, premay or dummy m73s bmgs

Austringer

we used to see them at the "great western" Pomona and Houston shows in the late 60's and early 70's with receiver pieces and almost complete. in the past 25 years I have only seen brls and a few bolts or small parts.  BOB FARIS had a trunk of stuff but don't know where it ended up.

Why? In my personal experience both the M73 and the "improved" M219 were dogs.   While on paper they seemed great in actual use they just did not measure up.  I would not refer to them as BMGs, Brownings worked even the M1919A5, which is what the M73 and M219 were supposed to replace.

JOHN, you called it right, they were total JUNK. BOB FARIS was a retired  from the army and he ran a repair truck in KOREA . he was considered the top dog for small arms in the army at the time.  in desperation they asked him to come back and try to save the system, which is why he had all the parts on hand. he was not able to get them up to standards and the entire program was scrapped after his findings. he did write up a very detailed explanation of all the issues and a few copies were printed for distribution in the proper channels. I believe there is mention of this in one of DOLPHS  Browning books that BOB contributed. while at his home I sat and read BOB'S report and that was in the 70's so I cant give you any details. I would hope the vultures that raped his collection saved most of his paperwork for history but who know's.  I would guess that most of the outer parts went the way of dummy's and display pieces many years ago. you might try to ask some of the long time hoarders like  CURT WOLF or BOB NAESS.  frankly I'm surprised you don't have any in your magnificent stash. good luck with your search