Colt M16 -- Fully Transferable

Xanthus

Colt M16 Model 614 machinegun, 1960s production, very low 6-digit serial number (2090XX), excellent original condition inside and out with matching dark gray finish on upper and lower receivers, retains all early M16 features including the pre-forward assist upper receiver, correct smooth bolt carrier without the forward assist cuts, grooved hard rubber butt plate, triangular hand guards and reinforced three-prong flash hider.  A vintage Colt/Armalite 20-rd “waffle” magazine showing light finish wear is included along with an era-appropriate unissued green canvas buckle sling to complete the rifle. The M16 Model 614 is Colt’s commercial/export version of the M16 Model 604 adopted by the US Air Force during the Vietnam War.  This exceptional unmolested Colt M16 should be of particular interest to those collectors who buy for condition and investment, although it certainly may be enjoyed at the range if desired.  This machinegun currently resides in my personal collection in the great state of Texas and is fully transferrable to an out-of-state individual through their local dealer.  It can also transfer directly from me to a legal resident or trust within the state of Texas.  $25,600, buyer pays $150 for fully insured shipping, 50% down and a signed purchase agreement starts the paperwork, local inspection possible, references available.  XANTHUS@ASIA.COM.  Thanks for reading.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

Colt 614.JPG

Edited by Xanthus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your interest.  As far as I can tell, production of M16s in the 2XXXXX serial number range began in 1965 and continued into 1969.  Colt has been no help with regards to my inquiries and "expert" opinions found on the web vary, but a reasonable guess based on the actual 209,XXX serial number would be sometime around 1966-67.  Regardless, because Colt's production records for specific rifles are vague at best and serial number blocks are not necessarily assigned in chronological order, I wouldn't count on BATFE accepting this rifle as C&R eligible until at least 2019.  If you have additional questions, please give me a call at 512 FourSixEight Six126.

• 2 weeks later...