WTB: M60

GunMD

WTB: M60

I’m looking for a decent condition M60. I don’t want a museum piece, rather I’m looking for a shooter that is in good condition. Please advise if you have one, the price you’re looking for, the registered part, and if there are any issues (e.g. rewelded parts, receiver out of spec, etc.)

I can furnish plenty of references and will pay cash in advance. But... I will do my due diligence, so scammers need not waste their time.

I'd offer my last M-60 E3 but I don't think we could agree on price, since you are not looking for a museum piece.

My pricing would be in line with what it is.

I have a N.I.B., unfired SACO/ Maremont M60-E3 with contents, if you are interested.

Best regards,

Tom

There is the RIA on gunbroker in Pennsylvania. I have personally seen the gun, not mint but very good to excellent used condition. I think the seller wants Saco money for it though. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the guns quality as far as a nice shooter goes though. 

8 minutes ago, Afdiesel said:

There is the RIA on gunbroker in Pennsylvania. I have personally seen the gun, not mint but very good to excellent used condition. I think the seller wants Saco money for it though. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the guns quality as far as a nice shooter goes though. 

I spoke with him a month or two ago via email - I believe he quoted me something in the 50's 

Yeah. I stopped by to look at it a few months ago. It was a nice piece but the seller really likes his cash. He had a wore out, garbage mp5sd with a sear that he wanted 43,000 for. Melted hand guard, serial number wore off of the sear where it was wearing into the trigger box... Worst I've ever seen... 

Edited by Afdiesel

If you can own a Post Sample, I've got a N.I.B. U.S. Ordnance M60E4/6. Never will be a museum piece, but would make a great shooter/ range and demo gun. Probably half of what a really beat up/ shot out transferable would cost you. Plus it is the latest and greatest (M60 that is)!

MD, if you will call the folks at Julia , they will give you the straight scoop on the 60 or anything else in the sale. ASK FOR JOHN KEENE. If I remember correctly, its a springfield/ rock island with the rails welded to the trunion which is not the best way to go, but if it runs you can have some fun and get it corrected down the road. I have owned 2 of those and one worked perfect until it hit close to 50k rnds then it was like the other one and ran about 85%. I had US ord cut out the rails and rivet them in the proper way and the new owner says its 100%. JUST CONFIRM ITS NOT ID'D as a BM 59 Italian M-60 on the paperwork STAY AWAY FROM THOSE!   I believe one day all form 4's will require pictures and those will be scrap for sure.  GOOD LUCK  MIKE

Thanks, Mike. Sorry for not posting sooner, I was traveling overseas. I’ve emailed James Julia and will bid on that auction. Thanks for the heads up.

Jon, can you PM the details on the gun. For example, are you the original owner and how it’s set up (e.g. E1 or E3), and if you have any accessories or parts that are included.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just making a new posting for that and some other guns. Good timing and ignore the posting that may be going up shortly.

In answer to your question: Yes, while I did buy one M60 and I’ve paid 100% for it and it’s at a gunsmith being checked out, I still want to buy another. Over the next couple of years, I actually need four total (I have four kids and when they are old enough, each kid will get one of each type of MG). Anyway, I am still in the market and I have cash and will pay cash in advance. I can furnish plenty of references. I’ve only bought and never sold MGs but the references will all tell you that I sent payment in less than 24 hrs of the deal being struck. That said, I will want a solid contract in place that if I pre-pay you, you will send the gun in a timely manner once approved (within 72 hrs) etc. And I’ll also want to talk to you before sending you money, to ensure it’s not a scam.

Please tell me more. I’m especially interested in whether it’s a reweld, what part is registered, if the trunion is egged out or loose at all, what version (E6 maybe?), the condition of the gun, how long you’ve owned it, if it’s in your name, if it shoots reliably, and what accessories you have. If you have pics, I’d love to see them.

Oh, and if you have other MGs for sale, let me know which and I’ll tell you if we should discuss more than one.

EDIT: please send the above info by PM rather than posting it here.

And in case others are reading this, I also am looking for a: Norrell 10/22 trigger pack, MP40, an AUG, and a Mac 11 9mm (preferably with a Lage upper).

Edited by GunMD

My dad bought me a brand new Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4 for my college graduation. Now that I think about it, I’d love to take a transferable M60 over a beautiful truck that will depreciate once I drove it off the lot. I plan to do the same for my 4 year old daughter and child that my wife and I have on the way. When it’s my time to go, my MG’s are going to my children and not my wife who would probably sell them!!!