WTS transferable WWII Auto Ordnance Bridgeport M1 Thompson w/extras Sold

brazos609

I have a nice transferable WWII USGI Auto Ordnance Bridgeport M1 Thompson to sell, it is not a West Hurley.  I will say upfront it has minor pitting in a few places under the parkerized finish but that can be expected on a seventy year old gun that was used in combat and then refinished.  It was originally a dewat with the barrel plugged and tack welded at the shoulder.  The barrel was replaced so the only visible sign of being a previous dewat is a slight discoloration in the parkerizing at the right front corner of the receiver.  The receiver nose, handguard support, and front sight are stamped with the small AOC marking.  They did not stamp the trigger frames with the AOC marking, the way you know it is an Auto Ordnance is the markings, FULL AUTO is a single line instead of two.  US PROPERTY marked behind rear sight.  It is still marked M1 and is still in correct M1 configuration; early un-numbered one piece milled trigger frame, paddle selectors, L sight, separate firing pin M1 bolt, one piece milled handguard support...  It was not reworked to M1A1 configuration or remarked M1A1.  It runs well, as all correct USGI Thompsons do, and comes with three 30rd USGI magazines, an extra complete M1 bolt, extra M1 bolt internals, extra charging handles, extra ejectors, extra guide rod, extra buffers, and maybe a few other things if I find any. Sold

Right_zpsbe3vuadr.jpeg

Left_zpso1uya7jt.jpeg

Barrel_zpsl03epxyc.jpeg

Stock_zpsnojfnnvf.jpeg

Port_zpsndcyhicc.jpeg

Edited by brazos609
Sold

If it was registered prior to or during the Amnesty it will transfer C+R. In my experience with selling and brokering C+R MGs for many years ATF is very consistent in the transfer to duly licensed FFL03s. Some states have opened up MG possession for C+R that were barred before. Another issue is there are a lot of MGs that are falsely registered as reactivations that were never registered DEWATs. These show up now and then and are revealed when someone tries to transfer an allegedly C+R MG but the registration date is post Dec.1, 1968. Or from an FOIA request that shows the first registration by a CII after the end of the Amnesty, usually in early 1970s. FWIW

• 2 months later...