AUG SEAR GUNS info / help

mike todd

as you guy's must be aware from my posts, I don't know much about the modern converted   SEMI AUTO / MACHINE GUNS. I  JUST MANAGED TO BY AN  AUG with a registered  sear pack. it has semi , 3rd burst, and full. the gun is new and I have never seen it.  I planned this for long term and have several pre ban Austrian guns for hosts and some of the new U.S. built guns.   I want to set each gun up so all I need to do is move the PACK.    What must be added to a  AUSTRIAN  "pre ban gun"  so it will run?  as I mentioned I have several of the new U.S. made AUGS  also, and because of the lower value hope to "beat" them up a bit. so again the question is what must be done to that model so I can just add the pack and GO?  lately my form 4 transfers have been averaging 5 months, at 69 time is precious and I would like to start gathering parts or getting work done NOW while I'm waiting.  I have always done all my own work on the old stuff , but have no idea where to start and I don't know any of the people that work on these new models  either.  as these forums show, IN the past, most of my posts asking these things get ignored unless I make some stupid remark and I really need this info and am depending on you guy's  so PLEASE LETS HEAR IT      THANX MIKE TODD

Did you say AUG?  I don't know about AUG sear guns, but AUG receiver guns use all factory FA parts.  I own the Die Hard AUG which is a Wilson receiver gun owned by Stembridge.  From experience these are some of my findings. The 3RB is cute but after a few minutes I put the shifter in FULL mode and just left it there.  The 14" SMG barrel is a crowd pleaser with great muzzle flash.  The funnest setup is a 9mm conversion, but you will need the Steyr factory magazine loader.  The 24" bipod laden heavy barrel is also cute, but too heavy.  Forget the Beta Mag as it's too big and awkward.  I can't get my hand around the hand grip correctly with a Beta Mag inserted.

dan thanx for the input, I have a lot of augs and have since day one. missed the boat on the full auto , I just spent too much time with the 16 to care. stumbled on this one well under market so I bought it. I have an early full auto 9mm kit with the threaded brl and 20 mags. 2of the heavy brls/w bipod, 5 pre ban guns and 3 new U.S. made guns.  I have one spl receiver but never did anything with it and I don't think I will use it for the sear. the 9mm kit is the only thing I have for full auto , so it looks like I will be spending a bunch for parts. the sear came with a new host ready to go and I didn't care about the 3 shot burst, but is there. never liked them in my 16 either. if anybody out there has any extra stuff I might need , drop me a note. cheers mike

You need to get an Aussie 5.56 stripper clip type setup if nothing then just for show.  You also need to get a see through bikini scope cover too.  It too is cute and somewhat useless.  Get a bunch more of 9mm mags for your conversion.  As I indicated above, spend the fifty bucks and get an MPi-69/81 mag loader from Pete.  The MPi-69/81 magazines are identical to the AUG 9mm magazines, but without the last round bolt hold open capability.  They work perfectly with an AUG 9mm conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

guy's thanx for all the help with this aug. I stumbled on to someone that had a ton of just what I needed. had his gun long enough and fired it enough to become proficient with the system. he had sold his gun and the buyer didn't want ANY of the parts. there is enough to wear out 4 or 5 hosts and that's exactly what I needed. on top of that , he is a SUPER GUY and wanted  a bunch of MY STUFF. cant get any better than that, it was like rolling back the clock 20 years HOORAH!