Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PTRS-14.5

Odd 7 MM Ammo FN Belguim Mfg for FAL??Venezuela?

4 posts in this topic

I had the recent occasion to run upon this ammo, Mfg by FN Belgium on strippers in boxes and marked for FAL Venezuela...? I've never known of a FAL in 7mm of any configuration 7 x 57 or any other 7 MM ammo... The ammo clearly isn't 7 x 57 as the casing is too short and the projo is too long. I have yet to tear one down. This will happen once I can get settled back at a bench.

I'm very familiar with 7 x 57 commonly used in South and Central American, but this isn't it.

For comparison, it is positioned  left to right as 7.93 x 57, 7.65 Argentinian and the odd 7mm ammo in one image. See images attached and advise.

Thanks,

PTRS

Charlie

IMG_20180209_133356884.jpg

IMG_20180209_133351830.jpg

IMG_20180209_134819374.jpg

14a96ro.gif

I only accept PayPal or US Postal Money Orders.

Paypal Required within 24 hours / US Postal Money Orders Required within 5 days

Email me DIRECTLY at   buddyhinton@hotmail.com

NO PM's or IM's 

Main Link to My Picture Albums >>  http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/

" Life's Tough ..... it's even Tougher if you're Stupid "

" My gun is not illegal .... it's just undocumented !  "

2014.STG.Logo.jpg

Thx Buddy... Any luck opening the zip file with the scabbard images?

Charlie

CHARLIE, yes as usual buddy got it right, it is 7x47. looked all my life for a FAL in that caliber. even drilled the guys at FN about it in person and never got a straight answer about the guns. when we went to Venezuela and bought several tons of surplus, that  ammo was bought for less than a penny a rnd because the did not have anything to shoot it. it was a joint buy with Interarms and Val Forget.  I kept more than 400k rnds and made brls for my brownings and Vickers to shoot it. the Vickers loved it . ITS CLEAN and works great . I still have maybe 4 crates and 2 new Vickers brls.   also I would tear it down and put the same charge and bullet in new 7x57 brass for my madsen  nice that its marked for the FAL on the box hugh?   cheers mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com