Nothing new on Subguns

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 2:34 PM, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

Correct, items are now over on MGC.

Subguns is now the Forum portion (discussion) of MGC.

What a moronic move as far as I'm concerned. Trying to re-invent the wheel. Definitely the wrong move disbanding subguns for a no-name site. Not my $$$

so I couldn't give two snots. Hookers n Blow would have been better served. Especially for the single working moms. LOL.  Just another site  now and a waste of time. Why fuck with a good thing...maybe improve it but that's not improvement. A site for self promotion.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Side Arm Sams said:

What a moronic move as far as I'm concerned. Trying to re-invent the wheel. Definitely the wrong move disbanding subguns for a no-name site. Not my $$$

so I couldn't give two snots. Hookers n Blow would have been better served. Especially for the single working moms. LOL.  Just another site  now and a waste of time. Why fuck with a good thing...maybe improve it but that's not improvement. A site for self promotion.

Yea, I'm with you Jim. I've deleted my worktop shortcut to subguns. I'm over subguns for good. I visited there almost every morning for 20+ years. I liked it when Tom owned the site. 

Now that ownership has changed, so too has the site and not in a good way either! Buying an established business name for the sake of marketing, almost never works out like you would be led to believe it will be by the new owners.

Regardless of the hype and razzle-dazzle nonsense. Take Wideners for example. When Stan owned it, it was one of my best resources for all things firearms related. They had EVERYTHING you could think of. And now, they're a joke, they have next to nothing you can't buy anywhere else.

Adios Subguns!!

R.L.

7 hours ago, R.L. said:

Yea, I'm with you Jim. I've deleted my worktop shortcut to subguns. I'm over subguns for good. I visited there almost every morning for 20+ years. I liked it when Tom owned the site. 

Now that ownership has changed, so too has the site and not in a good way either! Buying an established business name for the sake of marketing, almost never works out like you would be led to believe it will be by the new owners.

Regardless of the hype and razzle-dazzle nonsense. Take Wideners for example. When Stan owned it, it was one of my best resources for all things firearms related. They had EVERYTHING you could think of. And now, they're a joke, they have next to nothing you can't buy anywhere else.

Adios Subguns!!

R.L.

R.L.,

You obviously don't  care if NFA enthusiasts  have a future... we are a small community  and need all responsible  business owners  to  step up and unite with our common goal. 

To at least save what we have  and to gain less restrictions... I believe  petty  bashing  of competition  is not the way forward  to our common goals.

Sharing knowledge  and cooperation will Win the day ,

Respectfully...

Born Loser

Not sure how you came up with that summation concerning my intent in regards to NFA ownership. I've been involved in NFA for decades, STILL own NFA items and appreciate what I have. 

Whether or not NFA has a future is not up to one or many individuals.The mere fact that I don't approve of a single site or it's practices, hardly translates to not caring about an entire industry.

Sorry I'm not a sheeple type of guy. I calls em' as I see's em, like it or not.

I believe in quality, not quantity my friend. And besides if the US government decides that you will no longer own NFA items, my opinion and the opinion of others will have zero impact on that decision. When it's over, it's over.

NFA ownership is a tentative world at best. Pretending it's other than that is pure folly.

Since when is voicing an opinion "bashing?" That's  the same mentality liberals use against those that disagree with climate change. Do I have to agree with everything you or anyone else says?? I don't think so.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to agree with anything or everything I say. That's your right to disagree,  just as having the opinions I have is my right too.

FWIW,

R.L.

Wow BL,

If you're counting on Frank to step up and represent us as a group you may be in for disappointment.  Subguns like many boards has been on a death spiral for a long time for a host of reasons.  I don't see the new owner as an improvement and don't really understand what value it would be to his business model?  He brokers guns for the most part for a fee and lists them on gunbroker.  Doesn't take much for someone to list them for 3% commission and undercut his business? 

Knowledge and cooperation.......you found both of those on subguns?   I've seen some ugly stuff on there over the years including virus attacks from board mods.  I still look a few times a year, but early on it was a daily thing.  Most have moved on or have been moved out forcibly. 

Edited by johnsonlmg41
add
  • Like 1

Seems like all the things you boys are whining about  , Frank had nothing to do with? This is a free country  and he is allowed to run his business  the way he feels it will work best. I'm  not counting on Frank or any other site to be recognized as the best way to support the NFA enthusiasts. I agree  that the moderators from all the sites Hk forum, ar15,  Subguns, etc . tend to hamper free speech getting in the way of cooperation  and the sharing of  knowledge..

Over the past 20yrs or so , I  have learned many invaluable facts and information concerning NFA ,firearms... yes,  from Subguns too in spite of  some moderators with egos bigger than their head. No one is perfect not even this site.

R.L. I  hope you  are wrong  that future of NFA ownership is tentative at best. The future of our  Second Amendment  will rely on all gun owners  to Unite against the real enemies   of our Country. 

Edited by Born loser...in Montana
Correction

I can't speak for anybody except myself but I have had several dealings with Frank and each one has been 100%. MGC is different from Subguns and takes a little while to adapt to but I have not had any problems there.

I can say that I had one very lousy experience on Subguns under Tom's watch. Neither Tom nor Subguns was directly involved but it did involve a guy Tom held in high regard and recommended. It was a very, very ugly experience. When I brought up the issue on the board, my post was zapped immediately. Do I blame Tom? Not really but I felt he should have vetted this guy a little better. It all worked out in the end but it was an unpleasant experience. In all the years I have bought high dollar items (not just firearms) via the internet, it was the only bad experience I've had.

Edited by MontanaRenegade86
  • Like 1