Value of mg13 magazines

riflejunky

I have a Jap 99 that was converted to 7.62 Nato and it came with a metal carrier full of converted MG13 mags.  7 of the 8 work really well.   I don't need yours right now but you might get some interest from some of the other Jap 99 folks, whomever they might be.  I  have no idea what they might be worth.  

Kevin in NC

riflejunky, just couldn't resist putting my 2 cents worth here.  while most call these  MG-13 mags and they do indeed fit the mg-13, they were actually part of the german forces armament before the MG-13 existed. while traveling in Europe I met a German gentleman in Madrid that had a major collection of manuals and as a result used him for info and translation  more than 10years. He stated and presented field manuals that showed they were officially named "magazine 25 rounds" when inventoried or ordered. the earliest documentation he had showing use, was in a little known semi auto 8x57 rifle called the fliers rifle in the manual. it was used to attack BARRAGE BALLOONS with incendiary ammo over trenches etc. to answer your question, they are very common in the market place. IMA offers singles for around $30 and a metal carry chest full for $250 or so. they are very use full if you do much with 8mm mauser. in the past I have adapted them to the K-43 , FN-49 and others. K-98 bolt actions come up once and a while and always believed to be non military adaptations but quite a few were located in the Russian salt mines giving them credibility. I owned an example with Vietnam bring back papers of all things. they were spot welded in the trigger guard. well maybe it was 4 cents worth but it is was it is. cheers mike

• Like 1