Info on Various Mounting Systems for the M2hb

Aaron in Mohnton Pa

Just wanted to share some information for those of you with M2hbs. Lots of guys out there will shoot them from the tripod thinking that is the only option. There is nothing wrong with that, but me personally, I like to shoot from the standing position.

The mount that I use is the Mk16 Mod 9 pedestal mount. It has three legs on it which provide great support for the M2hbs heavy recoil. This pedestal also uses an over the top heavy duty large pintle socket. Which is important given the heavy recoil of the .50 (I have heard stories of cast pintle sockets cracking or breaking during firing).  I typically run a Mk93 soft mount in the set up which also assists with the recoil.

These pedestals were made to bolt to the deck of a ship. In order to use this with a .50, I fabricated a large base to bolt it to using angel iron. I also have to use sand bags to keep it in place when firing. The complete set up when bolted together isn't to terribly heavy and can be moved around pretty easily. It also fits nicely in the bed of a truck. Some people also prefer to bolt these pedestals to a trailer to take to shoots.

I know guys have been running different set ups and coming up with new ideas on how to mount this gun for a very long time and shooting from the standing etc is not a new concept, just wanted to share what type of set up I run.

Some pictures and videos below

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

- Just some photos of the set up for reference (some bolts in at the legs are missing because I still need to tap and thread holes)

7Kxirgb.jpg

EgUQOfT.jpg

aTprxvZ.jpg

wvPjD6R.jpg

5V4gshQ.jpg

- Here is a video of a Combat Vet ( Marines ) / Purple Heart Recipient (Iraq) running our .50 at this years 1st Bn 2nd Marines reunion that I supply guns for.

- Below is a video from my YouTube Channel which better explains the different mounting options for the M2hb

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

There's are some REALLY BAD ....... INCONSIDERATE...... STUPID drivers here in Houston TX.

This setup helps those type drivers ......... to RECONCIDER TAILGATING !

The driving type of tailgating ........ Not the parked sports tailgating !

.50_BMGPickupTruck.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If your referring to the M6 Pedestal Mount (like pictured below) ... the only other outfit I’m aware of that makes them is CRSYSTEMS inc . 

I’m looking for one as well. I have seen them in the past on the surplus market pretty reasonably priced but not lately. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

hCMGuk1.jpg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa