A Free M11?

Hank1

Hey guys, I am just getting into NFA and looking to buy an entry level gun, maybe a Mac. I was doing some research and I ran into a web site called machineguncentral It appears they are giving away a transferable M11 in a drawing soon. Just wondering if its too good to be true I guess. Looks legit! -hank

Yo Hank,

The Gordon Ingram submachine gun is a excellent choice. I recommend reading the book "The MAC Man ";  by

Frank Iannamico and Don Thomas. Before making your decision.

I  have  a M11, and M10/ 45 when combined with the Lage uppers they are really hard to beat for reliability and control. Especially when compared to a $35,000 + HK mp5.

Happy hunting and welcome to the NFA.

• 4 months later...

just my thoughts , but I cant see the need to convert a handy , light and nimble sub gun to a heavy awkward shark toothed beast that one cant pick up with out some sharp edged added rail eating your appendages.  for me,  GORDON INGRAM got it right the first time with the mac -10 series and while they don't go out all the time, I always enjoy the experience of that fast shooting hose. I was lucky and managed to get all 3 calibers before the madness set in and anything with a selector went crazy. recently at auction I won another pre auction gun with suppressor and several of the new "slow fire uppers". at first thought the SOUMI mag upper was exciting, but in use a major disappointment. mag changes were more difficult for these old hands and the excellent balance was gone. the slow fire was a big disappointment in itself. I guess if one did not have the option of another system it might have more use. I also see that it seems to help the guys doing the matches at some shoots, but its not for me.  I do have a lot of choices in the rack but tend to shy away from the norm a lot. and while I don't own any AR-15 / M-16's that weigh over 7 lbs , many do so it must boil down to an opinion and what one likes .  just a suggestion, but you might try to get to a shoot that offers rentals before you make that important purchase and try as many variations you can. Be aware that  reliable magazines are a MAJOR ISSUE with most of the MAC series  except the .45 cal which happens to be my favorite. do your research and avoid the disappointment , welcome to the fold!  MIKE

• 2 weeks later...

A Mac is a good way to break into the MG world. I have two Mac 10s in 45 acp, one in 9 mm and an M-11 in 9 mm. Great guns and back in the 90's I shot them a lot. Now not so much. But Mike is correct, a Mac is a great lead hose. Fast and furious. I have ten other MGs. All are different and fun to shoot.

My goal is to buy one of each that is available.        Wait a minute, I have two Mac 10 in 45!    Oh well, A man can never have to many mgs.

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

• 4 weeks later...

I'd recommend a M11. Richard Lage is indeed making a host of nice accessories, and the CF-W bolts really make the M11 shine. I love mine stock, with Lage uppers and with his 22 cal conversion.

I too have a M10/45 and an M11.  Really fun to shoot!

Edited by johnfreeman