WTB ads getting moved?

Gorgon

I moved your WTB ads because the NFA Board is prime real estate, and intended for NFA items such as machineguns, suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc., Your WTB's were for parts and other items that I considered more appropriate to be posted in the WTB section.  

These are the items I moved:

WTB: SG43 Anti-aircraft Sight

WTB: Demilled BAR Receiver

WTB: PKM Top Cover

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

5 minutes ago, David Albert said:

I moved your WTB ads because the NFA Board is prime real estate, and intended for NFA items such as machineguns, suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc., Your WTB's were for parts and other items that I considered more appropriate to be posted in the WTB section.  

These are the items I moved:

WTB: SG43 Anti-aircraft Sight

WTB: Demilled BAR Receiver

WTB: PKM Top Cover

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Ok. So that I understand: 

1.) WTB on the NFA board is for NFA firearms only, no WTB for NFA-related parts on the NFA board?

2.) No WTB for NFA-related parts on Parts board, WTS only for all parts on the Parts board?

3.) On the Wanted board any and all items can be posted as WTB?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Ok. So that I understand: 

1.) WTB on the NFA board is for NFA firearms only, no WTB for NFA-related parts on the NFA board?

2.) No WTB for NFA-related parts on Parts board, WTS only for all parts on the Parts board?

3.) On the Wanted board any and all items can be posted as WTB?

Thanks!

Gorgon,

I'm not trying to create exact rules like you are trying to indicate above.  I'm simply trying to keep the NFA Board for NFA items...Items that have NFA paperwork associated.  The NFA Board is the most popular board on this website, and it has limited front page space.  Since it has the most popularity and activity, some folks would love to post just about anything they can relate to an NFA item there, because it gets a lot of attention.  However, I don't really want it used to post WTB ads for parts like you posted, when we have a WTB board.  I want people to be able to sell their NFA items.  I may move some WTB ads from the NFA Board in particular, if I feel they detract from posting NFA items such as machine guns, etc.  

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

1 hour ago, David Albert said:

Gorgon,

I'm not trying to create exact rules like you are trying to indicate above.  I'm simply trying to keep the NFA Board for NFA items...Items that have NFA paperwork associated.  The NFA Board is the most popular board on this website, and it has limited front page space.  Since it has the most popularity and activity, some folks would love to post just about anything they can relate to an NFA item there, because it gets a lot of attention.  However, I don't really want it used to post WTB ads for parts like you posted, when we have a WTB board.  I want people to be able to sell their NFA items.  I may move some WTB ads from the NFA Board in particular, if I feel they detract from posting NFA items such as machine guns, etc.  

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Understood. After 15+ years of posting under the "old rules", I'm just trying to get a grip on how to do things now. 

Thanks for the info.