Gorgon

WTB ads getting moved?

Location:

5 posts in this topic

Why is it that my WTB ads are getting moved from the NFA board? There's plenty of other WTB ads on the NFA and Parts board but they aren't moved...what gives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved your WTB ads because the NFA Board is prime real estate, and intended for NFA items such as machineguns, suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc., Your WTB's were for parts and other items that I considered more appropriate to be posted in the WTB section.  

These are the items I moved:

WTB: SG43 Anti-aircraft Sight

WTB: Demilled BAR Receiver

WTB: PKM Top Cover

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com


National Rifle Association
Past President, The American Thompson Association
American Society of Arms Collectors
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Thompson Collectors Association
Carbine Club
Garand Collectors Association
International Ammunition Association
Contributing Writer, Small Arms Review Magazine
Co-Author, "Thompson Manuals, Catalogs, & Other Paper Items" Collector Guide
One of the "Other Authors" of "The Ultimate Thompson Book," by Tracie L. Hill
Eagle Scout, and Member of NESA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, David Albert said:

I moved your WTB ads because the NFA Board is prime real estate, and intended for NFA items such as machineguns, suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc., Your WTB's were for parts and other items that I considered more appropriate to be posted in the WTB section.  

These are the items I moved:

WTB: SG43 Anti-aircraft Sight

WTB: Demilled BAR Receiver

WTB: PKM Top Cover

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Ok. So that I understand: 

1.) WTB on the NFA board is for NFA firearms only, no WTB for NFA-related parts on the NFA board?

2.) No WTB for NFA-related parts on Parts board, WTS only for all parts on the Parts board?

3.) On the Wanted board any and all items can be posted as WTB?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Ok. So that I understand: 

1.) WTB on the NFA board is for NFA firearms only, no WTB for NFA-related parts on the NFA board?

2.) No WTB for NFA-related parts on Parts board, WTS only for all parts on the Parts board?

3.) On the Wanted board any and all items can be posted as WTB?

Thanks!

Gorgon,

I'm not trying to create exact rules like you are trying to indicate above.  I'm simply trying to keep the NFA Board for NFA items...Items that have NFA paperwork associated.  The NFA Board is the most popular board on this website, and it has limited front page space.  Since it has the most popularity and activity, some folks would love to post just about anything they can relate to an NFA item there, because it gets a lot of attention.  However, I don't really want it used to post WTB ads for parts like you posted, when we have a WTB board.  I want people to be able to sell their NFA items.  I may move some WTB ads from the NFA Board in particular, if I feel they detract from posting NFA items such as machine guns, etc.  

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com


National Rifle Association
Past President, The American Thompson Association
American Society of Arms Collectors
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Thompson Collectors Association
Carbine Club
Garand Collectors Association
International Ammunition Association
Contributing Writer, Small Arms Review Magazine
Co-Author, "Thompson Manuals, Catalogs, & Other Paper Items" Collector Guide
One of the "Other Authors" of "The Ultimate Thompson Book," by Tracie L. Hill
Eagle Scout, and Member of NESA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Albert said:

Gorgon,

I'm not trying to create exact rules like you are trying to indicate above.  I'm simply trying to keep the NFA Board for NFA items...Items that have NFA paperwork associated.  The NFA Board is the most popular board on this website, and it has limited front page space.  Since it has the most popularity and activity, some folks would love to post just about anything they can relate to an NFA item there, because it gets a lot of attention.  However, I don't really want it used to post WTB ads for parts like you posted, when we have a WTB board.  I want people to be able to sell their NFA items.  I may move some WTB ads from the NFA Board in particular, if I feel they detract from posting NFA items such as machine guns, etc.  

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Understood. After 15+ years of posting under the "old rules", I'm just trying to get a grip on how to do things now. 

Thanks for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now