GReed

Form 4 CLEO question

3 posts in this topic

I have been off the forum for a while so this may be a redundant question. I am helping an estate to transfer a SBR to a heir. The heir is using a trust. Will he need the CLEO signature or has that gone back to the old way? Thanks for any help.

New forms have a CLEO notification, rather than the old certification.  They don't need to sign, you just have to notify them of the application for transfer. 

was advised by ATF they want a copy of the form 4 with pic , no finger print etc. to go to the agency involved.  I challenged the answer and was told to read the instructions on the form 4?and it plainly states to send a copy of the submitted form 4 , but you have to read it close!  I have always resented that as another form of registration not required by law, but what was to stop the agency from copying the form 4 under the old system that required us to have signed. so I guess its ok (sigh)

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com