WTB Schwarzlose 07/12 Parts and Accessories

Parakeet Shop

I sold Dolf an 8x50r 07/12 some years ago. He still has one, a different one than the one I sold him, but he doesn't have any 8x50r parts. 54r conversion consists entirely of a 54r barrel. The 8x50r bolt face, cartridge extraction, and most importantly the integral feedlips in the bottom of the receiver will work with the 54r. Dolf might have some 7.92 parts, but the the 8x50r feedlips in the receiver will not work with the 7.92 round without being reconfigured to fit and function with it. There is only one (1) belt loader in the US for the 8x50r round for use in the fabric belts which I own. The 07/12 7.92 loaders in the US will not work with 8x50r or with fabric belts but were set up to load the 100 round steel continuous belts that came in with the 7.92 07/12 kits. Although hese 7.92 loaders appear identical to the 8x50r fabric belts loaders, they have been significantly reconfigured to load the 7.92 round and steel belts. IMA had small parts bags for the 7.92 07/12 kits that they imported. Otherwise there are no accessories for the 07/12s available here. Odds and ends do come into the country now and then such as field repair kits, of which three were imported and sold recently. Hope this helps.

Thanks Bubba for the information, as always highly highly informative! Seriously I don't know anyone in the world with more real time hands on experience..... I was trying to shake the tree and see what fell out.what I NEED is the cone thingee (coneous flash hiderious)on the front and the curved thingee (curious buttstockious) on the back. If read my Latin correctly.

Good idea! Maybe  i can beg them off a dummy gun for a hefty sum!!   I grabbed a 7.62x 54 R round and it's a few thousands large in the 8x50 Freak Rimmed bolt face!? Am I missing something? 

What about a conversion to 8 X 56 freak rimmed? What would that entail? On the net they say 8x56 R has a much larger bullet diameter (.327) which I don't believe(or hope it's not). They also say the original 8 X 50 R round is .317 (El wrongo) 

Speaking of bolt faces, have you ever had a slam fired with modern shaped primers(the 1935 8 X 50 R round has a large radius on the primer cup in the shape of the projection ) because the the .200 by .013 projection on the bolt face? And what is the projection for specifically?  I could hazard a guess but I would be probably wrong. Can you think of ANY other gun that uses that projection,,,, the Schwarzlose is incredibly fascinating in design and execution!!

Edited by Parakeet Shop
I'm illiterate and don't poofread done good

• 2 weeks later...

>Maybe  i can beg them off a dummy gun for a hefty sum!!   I grabbed a 7.62x 54 R round and it's a few thousands large in the 8x50 Freak Rimmed bolt face!? Am I missing something?<

Yes, so open up the bolt face enough to fit the rim.......

What about a conversion to 8 X 56 freak rimmed? What would that entail? On the net they say 8x56 R has a much larger bullet diameter (.327) which I don't believe(or hope it's not). They also say the original 8 X 50 R round is .317 (El wrongo) 

8x56r is easier to find than 8x50r. Just go to 54r.

Speaking of bolt faces, have you ever had a slam fired with modern shaped primers(the 1935 8 X 50 R round has a large radius on the primer cup in the shape of the projection ) because the the .200 by .013 projection on the bolt face? And what is the projection for specifically?  I could hazard a guess but I would be probably wrong. Can you think of ANY other gun that uses that projection, the Schwarzlose is incredibly fascinating in design and execution!!

Never had a slam fire in an 07/12 due to the primer rim. Seems to me that the rim is there to prevent the primer from blowing out since the action opens when pressures are still a bit high.

I have a couple 8x50r bolts that had the boltface welded so cleaned the weld off which removed the primer rim and use one of those for 54r. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...