How to Post w/Pictures on the New Sturmgewehr.com Site

To post a new topic on the board, do the following:

1.  Go to the board on which you would like to post.  (Ads go on in the various 4 boards listed under the "Buy and Sell Marketplace," and discussion topics go in the 2 boards listed under the "Firearms Discussion" section.

2.  Once you are on the appropriate board, click on the "Start New Topic" button: (It is toward the top right hand side of your screen)

5691bdd243393_ScreenShot2016-01-09at9.10

3.  A page will load that looks like this:

5691bc896290b_ScreenShot2016-01-09at9.03

4.  Type in a title, as shown above.  If you are posting a market ad, it is helpful to post as much information about the item as may be immediately helpful to anyone seeing it.  Though not required, listing a price in the title is helpful.  

5.  This step is completely optional, but if you want to use the "Tags" feature, you can type terms into that field, separated by commas.  If 2 or more posts are tagged with the same term, they will appear as links at the bottom of your post.  This will happen more often as additional content is posted to the new board.

6.  Post the text of your ad, or your discussion topic within the large area shown below.  Remember, if you are posting an ad, you are trying to sell something, like in a newspaper ad...Provide as much information as you can about the item that will fully inform potential buyers.  It is recommended that you post a price, full description, your city, state, and name, e-mail address, and any sales tax and shipping details.  You are not required to post all these items, but they are recommended.

5691ced6b47d9_ScreenShot2016-01-09at10.1

7.  You can post photos several ways:

• You can link to an existing URL where your photo is stored externally on another website (Photobucket, etc.) - Use the "Link" icon to do this (4th icon from the left, as shown below)

5691d13f25313_ScreenShot2016-01-09at10.3

• Click on the "Link" icon, and a window will appear, as shown below

5691e5580a8d8_ScreenShot2016-01-09at11.4

• Cut and paste the URL for your externally hosted photo into the first field, as shown below
  • If you want your photo URL to have a name, you can fill in the second field, and it will link to your URL - You can also leave it blank, and the URL itself will appear in your post

5692d378de888_ScreenShot2016-01-10at4.53

(I will complete this tutorial ASAP...I've worked on it on 1/9/16 and 1/10/16)

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 11.47.55 PM.png

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Drag and drop or choose files won't load, says the files are too large, or gives me an error.  I'll try it again here on this post.

There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200  So sill like to old board?  Have to load and store pics. on some site like photo bucket?  I was able to use my files here before for 1 pic, not it won't allow any to post.
  • OK

Khrut27Gg,

4.6MB is too large of an image to upload, and the system will automatically reject it.  It's many times larger than is necessary to nicely display a photo on a computer screen, and it would serve up very slowly.  You know, like when you see the top of an image begin to download, but you give up wanting to wait to see it, because it takes much too long to download?  The system is trying to prevent that.  Please keep in mind that your audience has limited cellular or wifi bandwidth.  If your photo were 100KB, instead of 4.6MB (about 46 times smaller), it would serve up very quickly, and almost no one would notice the difference in size or quality.  You should at least reduce the size of the image you are attempting to upload by 50% or more.  Resizing can be performed in Photoshop, or by using an app like iResize on a MAC.  That's the app that I use.  They can also be reduced if you have a phone, and forward the images to your own e-mail address.  Depending upon your e-mail program, most of them automatically ask you how large of an image you want to send, usually presenting 3 or 4 size choices to enable more speedy and efficient processing. 

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Dylanlpu said:

Hello!  New user here.  Probably missing something simple, but I cannot "create new topic" to post a part that I would like to sell on the Parts and Accessories Market Board.  It is grayed out, like it is unavailable to me. Help?

Read .......

• 10 months later...

Is there a way to attach or insert a picture as a jpg attachment directly from one's computer into a reply to a discussion?  (I'm not trying to post an ad.)  Because when I try clicking on "insert existing attachment" I get the box that says The page you are trying to access is not available for your account  pop up.  Or is the only way to do this by from an externally stored location (photobucket, etc) by using the "insert image from URL" button in the Insert Other Media drop-down menu? 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...