Christian Soldier

WTB: Colt Sp1 SN: SP05600 to SP08249

8 posts in this topic

I am searching for a colt SP-1 complete unmodified serial number range SP05600 to SP08249 Colt SP-1 in rifle and or carbine. 

If $2250 for a new in box with colt scope is an acceptable price I will dig out my book and see if it is in the range you asked for.

what years .? My recollection is this is something i

I got in the early 80's

Hurricanecharlie...I don't know if Christian Soldier is interested in your SP1 or not since I don't see a reply..I might be if your gun has the teardrop forward assist..Your price, even new in the box, I'm not sure about..

Sp1 is still available.

Still message with the guy but no commitment.

John,

Do you have any continuing interest in the sp1?

I am not sure what you mean by teardrop assist.

Hello again Hurrycane..Sorry I'm so late responding..The forward assist is the large button on the right side of the upper receiver that is rarely needed, but in case a round does not seat is used to slam the bolt carrier closed by a hit with the heel of your hand..Some SP1s had them, and some didn't..I'm looking for one that does, if it's at the right price..Thanks, John

17 hours ago, John Edwards said:

Hello again Hurrycane..Sorry I'm so late responding..The forward assist is the large button on the right side of the upper receiver that is rarely needed, but in case a round does not seat is used to slam the bolt carrier closed by a hit with the heel of your hand..Some SP1s had them, and some didn't..I'm looking for one that does, if it's at the right price..Thanks, John

No factory SP1s had forward assists.  They were all slicksides.  Some colts after the SP1 like the SPORTER II still had the slabside Colt SP1 style lower and they had the A1 uppers w/ forward assists.  They were also large hole so you could take a SPORTER II upper and put it on a SP1 lower if you wanted the SP1 markings.

Shoot me an email

found a pic-easier to find than to get to gun

I think it is non forward assist-or so it appears in the picture

ceb3@bellsouth.net