Pre-May AO (Bridgeport) M1A1 Pre-MayDS $15,995.00

WTS: Pre-May Auto Ordnance M1A1 TSMG Pre-May Dealer Sample. This is an Extremely unusual Thompson as the receiver is  cut for a Drum Magazine, it has a Finned BBL, Cutts Compensator, Lyman Adjustable Rear Sights and Vertical Pistol Fore Grip. Condition is new to like new. Appears to be factory original. Provided with one NOS Bridgeport 20 Round Magazine and one NOS Bridgeport 30 Round Magazine. Drum not included. Pre-May DS. FFL/SOT Only. Form 03 in MI. $15,995.00 + ship/ins. reply to: Firearms & Collectables LLC: E-Mail gouldfcllc@hotmail.com. This is a "Keeper" for sole proprietor FFL/SOT's.

DSC02014.JPG

DSC02015.JPG

DSC02016.JPG

DSC02017.JPG

Edited by Firearms & Collectables LL
Price reduction.

• 2 months later...

I have a fully transferable M1 slotted for a drum, which is the only alteration, done by an unknown person/shop sometime in the 1980s. Not a factory modification and the gun pictured has been reparkerized and not very long ago. Slotting for a drum is not a mod that is condoned by the Thompson enthusiasts who regard it as butchery. There are a number of them out there and they don't bring a premium due to being slotted for a drum along with the other alterations. I recall talking to a CII in the early eighties who was doing such conversions to M1s, along with Lyman rear sights and finned barrels to sell to people who wanted a Colt lookalike. At that time M1s were very cheap and plentiful so there was no concern over slotting them for drums and don't doing the other mods. FWIW

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 6:32 PM, BRMCII said:

I have a fully transferable M1 slotted for a drum, which is the only alteration, done by an unknown person/shop sometime in the 1980s. Not a factory modification and the gun pictured has been reparkerized and not very long ago. Slotting for a drum is not a mod that is condoned by the Thompson enthusiasts who regard it as butchery. There are a number of them out there and they don't bring a premium due to being slotted for a drum along with the other alterations. I recall talking to a CII in the early eighties who was doing such conversions to M1s, along with Lyman rear sights and finned barrels to sell to people who wanted a Colt lookalike. At that time M1s were very cheap and plentiful so there was no concern over slotting them for drums and don't doing the other mods. FWIW

Your criticism of this sale is unappreciated. Reparkerized? While I cannot and will not dispute your knowledge of other firearms that knowledge does not apply to this firearm. This firearm has been in the safe in the exact condition pictured since acquired in 90's only being removed for inventory or showing.  It was acquired from an out of business FFL/SOT who stated that it was exactly as he received it from the importer in the 70's. As for who or if it was altered  I do not know. As stated in the advertisement " It appears to be factory original". There is not any evidence of refinishing or any alterations. All nomenclature is as crisp as new. Wood is as new. I am selling this because I amended MY FFL/SOT to an LLC. This prevents me from keeping this firearm when I quit the business. This would make someone a beautiful keeper.