WTS M1 Garand Match in 7.62 built by Vince Jiga - $1795

Vince Jiga built this rifle for me several years ago as I wanted a 7.62 M1 that could compete.

Vince went through a great deal of his parts (he built over 250 correct M1s for his OWN collection) to select the best parts to build this rifle.  All of these parts are specifically selected & the receiver is bedded in.  

Vince used to run Camp Perry & built the original Crane order of SPR uppers when we first sent SpecOps into Afghanistan.  Cancer killed Vince, my close friend, & I then had several heart & kidney operations including cracking my chest.  When I finally decided I could do the rifle justice I took it to the range.   I could see light through the small rear aperture  but not even the front sight.  My eyes can now only see through a scope.   !! DAMN !!

This rifle deserves better than me.  It needs a home with a skilled Shooter.  I doubt if a master shooter can find a more competitive M1.           $1795

Garand_RightSIde.jpg

Garand_LeftSide.jpg

Garand_Bedding.jpg

Garand_Bedding_2.jpg

Garand_Top.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes.  Vince didn't create paperwork as he built this specifically for me so a lot of people turn their nose up.  It's to be shot by an ACTUAL SHOOTER !!  These folks aggravate me.  A little of Vince in me.  On the SPRs that he & John Miller built the uppers for Crane he DID provide the specs.  He & I have, as far as I know, the only two out of captivity.  Vince & I went to Leopold at LV Shot & they showed us their new civilian scope that was nearest to their contract scope, so that's what he & I bought for our rifles.  We used Joe  Gaddini's  suppressor as Seaburger (A.H.)  wouldn't sell us contract ones.  I had heart & kidney operations & Vince died.  I finally took the rifle out & saw light through the rear aperture but nothing else.  Alas !

I'm delighted that you knew Vince & that makes it better to sell you the rifle.  Where did you work with him ?

Lamar

Lamar, my name is Bob Miller.  After Vince got out of the Marine Corps he joined the Ohio National Guard, then later on, the Army Reserve.  He worked at Fort Hayes and was a member of the 718th Trans Bn, where he also worked as a civilian technician.  I joined the 718th in 74 and also later became a civilian technician working with Vince.  When I met Vince he was an E-7.  Vince had several quick promotions, both civilian and military.  He became my boss at the 718th around early 78 I believe. By then he was a warrant officer, then as you probably know, he later was commissioned.  I went back on active duty and lost track of him for a while.  The last I knew he was a Major and working for the Ohio National Guard again.  I knew about the farm but I never made it out there.  I knew his wife and kids, but again I lost track of them, especially after the divorce.  That has been so many years ago!

I ran into a guy that had some of Vince's rifles and he said they were friends too.  His name is Pat Jarvis, do you know him?  He has a huge gun collection in a pole barn east of Columbus.

Vince was one smart guy.  Hard working and funny too, I can still remember some of his sayings.  "the food was sufficient in quality and quantity to satisfy the appetite of a small bird."

Bob,   John Miller (known as "Miller") was one of his best friends.  They traveled around a lot together.  Paul Reed of Navy Arms was  a close friend of John's & mine & that's how I met them.  I've met Pat Jarvis.  I live in Marietta, Ga. so going to Ohio to one of their shoots was a long 'hump' for me. Couple that with inconvenient dates & I just never did it.  I thought Vince was in the Air Force then the Marine Corps.  We talked about his LST sailing in rough seas & also his being on the team testing gov't. requests like the plane toilet seat cover cost actually caused by the module design of the airplane toilet being one indivisible unit forcing a special seat. The whole unit was bought as one. As an Architect & builder I am flabbergasted at the govt's. unforced expenses. The 'ol' don't go to the hardware store to buy a hammer' trick.

I tell people that he must've finished at least 250 'correct' M1s for himself.  He looked through the dozen I had & told me what to sell & corrected a part here & there in the ones he said to keep.  You will know if I got the number anywhere close.    It was interesting, but strange, to me that he & his wife went straight on with their divorce while they planned for his cancer demise. I never met her so their affairs were their own.   ???

We shoot at Ft. Gordon, Ga. on range 16 once a year. It was twice but maybe we started too many fires.  It's their .50 cal. & mortar range.  Our usual targets are on the other gully side rise from 700-900 yds. The plateau starts at 1000+/- yds. to 2000 +/- that we can see from Jan. -Feb. because of winter lack of foliage. Their Sportsman's Club shots on another range out to 1000 yds.  That's where I wanted to shoot the M1. Max 800 yd. & closer.  Oh well.  All of my guns now shoot better than me.

You'll have to come visit.

Lamar