Khrut27Gg

.50 SLAP rounds

8 posts in this topic

Anyone tried firing a .50 slap thru a Barrett or similar rifle with a muzzle brake?  Just wondering if they would start to peel before exiting the brake?

They will open out as soon as they leave the barrel, there is a disclaimer to not shoot them through Barrett's and such somewhere on the Internet.

2 people like this

DONT!  they start to open as soon as they clear the bore restriction. there used to be a couple posts of destroyed brakes on the net.

1 person likes this

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Slap rounds are only used on M2's, you need the mk211 Raufoss for the Barretts.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the impute, guys.  I kind of thought along the same lines.  And...... it may save some poor shooter from getting the surprise of his life by trying one of them in his .50.

IS THAT NOT SLUPLISE SLUPLISE ?

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

I also wanted to shoot a few of them thru my Barrett but its a no no. I guess only if one mounted it on a tripod with its soft mount and removed the brake it would be alright.

Shouldn't be a problem if you remove the brake on the Barrett.  I would single load a mag. with just the one round, and ease it into the chamber.  Question is, unless you are active military, why?  Expensive, and the reward, other than to say, "I did it" won't leave much to show.  How do I know?  When I was active mil. I was a 55B-7 Senior Ammunition Inspector, and before that, a 47K Senior Armaments Inspector.  So I got a lot of stick time on the ranges.  If you really want to do this, and have the round available, do it as safe as possible, with as few people near, as possible.  When you fire it, listen and feel the recoil, to detect any difference from normal. Then inspect the rifle.  In the military, if a 10k Barrett get's warped, that don't mean nothing, but for you.....