New FN249 "Semi" any news?

mike todd

FN -  factory BUILT ! semi auto 249????  seen the new's release, and seen pics and  I STILL cant help myself gotta ask , has anyone heard anything about availability  etc.

LOOKED GOOD on the cover of FIREARMS NEW'S, the following article was a bit lacking however, and direct request's to FN have been ignored so far. seems like some folks could follow kel-tech's lead as its seemed to work pretty  good for them to date?

I've not seen or heard any MSRP  ship date or anything else for that matter.  at this point an unsupported rumor would be good

CHEER'S MIKE

1 hour ago, Puke said:

Anyone know what makes a "collectors grade" other than a low serial number?

FWIW:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/10/fnh-usa-release-semi-auto-version-m249-public/

“This morning I headed over to the FNH USA booth at the NRA show to get some exciting details about the new M249S and FN15 military collector’s series. FN is planning on having the 1st 200 models of the M249S to be a “collector’s series”. Said models will ship in a hard case with a 200 round hard boxmagazine with links, FN15 magazine, and spare barrel, along with a certificate. Standard production models will ship with the 200 round box and links. 

Looks like the MSRP will be between $7k-$8k. In this video, the guy mentions an $8k price tag, but in the link above it mentions $7-$7.5k

BTW, the guy seems pretty green to the whole experience. Also, it's really odd how this seems like the semi-auto version, but then at the end of the video he fires the gun in full-auto. Dunno, maybe the gun at the end was a postie on the line next to the semi?

Edited by Cincylance

well  thanx for all the help!!!!. already have an  ohio ord 240 semi and a shrike.  don't care for the shrike one bit !  . the ohio ord is first rate as are all the weapons they build. just NOT FABRIQUE NATIONAL.  I have a FN collection and need to get one of these to keep it complete.  should anyone see where to get one without paying an unreasonable fig , please let me know. CHEERS MIKE

10 hours ago, Cincylance said:

Looks like the MSRP will be between $7k-$8k. In this video, the guy mentions an $8k price tag, but in the link above it mentions $7-$7.5k

BTW, the guy seems pretty green to the whole experience. Also, it's really odd how this seems like the semi-auto version, but then at the end of the video he fires the gun in full-auto. Dunno, maybe the gun at the end was a postie on the line next to the semi?

Lance,

Yes, he switched to the M249 at the end of the line for the full auto bursts.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Does anyone have any experience with the version from Machine Gun Armory?  Their prices are quite a bit higher than that proposed by FN. I came close to buying one a couple of years ago when they had a promotional offer, but the matter of the gun not being a legal sear host came up on this board, and I lost interest. 

4 hours ago, Gila Ben said:

I came close to buying one a couple of years ago when they had a promotional offer, but the matter of the gun not being a legal sear host came up on this board, and I lost interest. 

I'm curious where you heard this.  I talked to them directly about this and there was no issue with selling me a legal sear host.

I tried to search the archives but nothing was returned, so I'm going by memory from 2 to 3 years ago when this was current. There were several posters on either this board, the other board, or both, that engaged in a debate regarding the ATF position on installing a registered HK sear/pack in a host that the sear was never designed for, such as the 93/33/53, 91/G3, 94/MP5, SP89/MP5K, etc., etc., etc.  I wasn't part of the original discussion, but was following with interest due to my considering the purchase of one of the guns.  I never spoke directly with MGA, but I know on their site that they were stating that the sear/pack was legal in their gun, but they didn't have the power to put someone in prison for 10 years, which I guess with the phone and pen would now be 15, and I preferred to err on the side of not being locked up. I had no interest in a semi belt-fed, so I moved on. Also, I read in the parts section of their website at that time that FA bolts were not yet available, and that contradicted the impression their description gave that the gun was ready to host a sear.  I remember the cost at the time was around $11K, fitted-out with all the desirable options, and they were running a promotion to sell some guns before they started production of the CA-compliant models, that would dominate their production for a while. The promo was to end on 12/31/whatever year it was. 

A friend contacted them about 2 months ago as we were going to buy 2 guns if they would tell us that you could put a registered sear in there legally.   They would never directly       respond with a  "yes", but beat around the bush never directly answering the question and all they would say is "it fits".  Fact is they never directly answered any questions and always said they were busy with LE and military orders and were out of MK46 trigger housings since "demand was so high we pulled them from our website".   Most everything on the website is "out of stock".   Good problem to have I guess, but in most industries we hire more people and make more stuff, not remove advertising to sell less and scale back production.  Of course the firearms industry is unique in that respect.