Auctions always amaze me (RIA May Auction)

Austringer

It amazes me that an aftermarket Catco 1919A4 would sell for more than a C&R M37.   Very interesting.

ENDED Lot 3440: Fully Automatic Class III/NFA CATCO 1919A4 Machine Gun

Headline: Desirable Fully Automatic Class III/NFA CATCO 1919A4 Machine Gun with Spare Parts

Estimated Price: $8,500.00 - $13,000.00

Caliber / Gauge: 30-06

Description: This an excellent example of a desirable, fully automatic,... Read More

ENDED Lot 2480: Post-WW II U.S. M37 Full Auto Class III C&R Light Machine Gun

Headline: Scarce Post-World War II U.S. M37 Fully Automatic Class III/NFA C&R Light Machine Gun with Cradle and Tripod

Estimated Price: $12,000.00 - $19,000.00

Caliber / Gauge: 30-06

Description: This is an example of a very desirable, late production... Read More

Price Realized: Rock Island Auction Company

Price Realized: Rock Island Auction Company

I also was watching this auction.  There were some really crazy prices.  Looks like some folks just got caught up in the bidding action.

A couple of 1928 West Hurley guns sold for $25,000, you can buy these for around $20,000
HK53 pre-sample for $15,000

• 3 weeks later...

I always sign up for the entire auction via live telephone and have often had the same questions. after 10 yrs following them and talking to others, I find there is another group of buyers out there that you wont see at knob creek or many gun shows. not sure how or why but the results are not always the same if they offer too many examples of the same thing prices stay down. in most cases the hammer is always more than "street pricing" two yrs ago nice lugers were hammering under 1.7 k that would bring close to 3k on gunbroker. just too many. I bought 12 mint swiss lugers all under 1.3K . the c+r 37's have always been weak at times and many times less than sideplate guns even on this site. due to a bad connection I lost an ORIGINAL exc cond SPANISH WAR COLT GATLIN GUN that closed at 123K next sale a trashy colt exceeded 225k. maybe these guys want to be "under the covers" or something who knows