Galil Scope mount question

357hipower

Can someone please tell me what type of scope rings are used in conjunction with a Magnum Research Galil 308 scope mount?  This is the mount that screws down on the side of the side of the receiver. The top of it does not resemble a normal piccatinny  mount. Also, is possible to use a stanag scope on this mount?

Thanks in advance

Thank you for the replies! I tried inserting a ling to a pic of the mount but for some reason it isn't working.

The mount only has three slots in the top of it.  The mount has a round knob which when turned; affixes it to the side of the Galil receiver. 

Nice pics!!  Those are very close.  So I can just buy normal scope rings?  Is there any way to mount a stanag scope to this type of mount?

Now this is interesting.  I see that mount mounted on an Action Arms model Galil ARM.  The mount I have won't fit the Action Arms model Galils.  What's up with that?  It still has the label on the side of it. "Galil .308".  I have not tried, but I think it only fits Magnum Research models.  Thoughts?

Many thanks in advance gents!

Edited by 357hipower

10 hours ago, 357hipower said:

Many thanks!!  I've seen some of your upload pics.   I couldn't imagine how long it must have taken to collect those items!  Thanks again!

42 Years ........