Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scoleman

SOLD: Correct July '42 M1 Garand (Short Pinion Type 1 Lockbar rear sight)

1 post in this topic

SOLD.....

For your consideration is a July 1942 rifle that I believe is correct. I have checked it against two original rifles profiled in the GCA Fall 2011 (Volume 25 Issue 4) from the same month. 

This rifle is mostly as I received it from the CMP a few years ago. The only parts I added to correct the rifle are:

• Short Pinion Type 1 Lockbar rear sight
  • Single Slot Gas Screw
  • Uncut SA 3 Oprod (although the rifle did come with a small cut 3 oprod. Because this rifle was so close to being correct, I saved the original cut 3 oprod. The buyer can purchase this as well if he wants)

The remainder of the rifle is as received from CMP!

From this same order I also received an unmolested SHM post-war rebuild in similar shape. CMP was letting some nice WWII rifles go out the door back then instead of sending them to auction.

The metal is in spectacular shape, with no pitting. The park on the receiver shows little wear from use. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but the metal is a deep dark green color.

Barrel has a TE: 1.5 and MW: 1. Chamber does not look bright. Bore is bright with strong lands and grooves. Crown is free from dents.

Stock is an early EMcF with the scooped cut cliplatch cutout. Stock and handguards are free from cracks. The only major blemish is a hard strike from a rear sight on the front left of the stock (see pics). The rear handguard clip is grooved and I have not removed this handguard.

I've attached a completed Data Sheet for a complete breakdown of the parts. If any potential buyer is interested in also seeing the GCA article featuring the 2 original rifles from July '42 I can also send that to them.

Highlights include:

• Short Pinion Type 1 Lockbar
  • Short Fork Follower Rod
  • Arched Lower Band with solid pin
  • Early EMcF stock
  • Grooved rear handguard clip
  • Gas cylinder with seal intact

Don't hesitate to ask for any additional pics. 

I would like $SOLD  Rifle will come with the CMP certificate. Payment can be bank cashiers check, postal money order or personal check (held unless we have traded before).  This is my first post on the new format but I was active previously.  I am also a well known seller on the CMP board and have 100% positive feedback on ebay under username 'abarsrecon'

For a full 53 pictures of the rifle, see the album here: http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/ab...%20M1%20Garand

1_zpsc1cp2vyz.jpg

2_zps6szstghb.jpg

13_zpsgq1ra9ix.jpg

10_zpsck8jzyar.jpg

15_zpsx1tivjrs.jpg

22_zpszgeo3wej.jpg

Spec%20Sheet_zpsfynrvpm6.jpg

Edited by scoleman
Sold