HELP! portive /hotchkiss, 7.62 russ conversion

mike todd

well as most of you have probably noticed, I like the WEIRD STUFF ALSO. I have always owned and enjoyed shooting the portive's and strip Hotchkiss guns (fiddle factor) the hoard of 67 FN and Greek .303 is getting too low and I fell guilty shooting it now. Its time to convert one to 7.62x54. I see several examples on social media that are running good, but I don't know how to contact them. I have a reamer and know the bolt needs to be opened up.023 but that's all I know. ANYBODY out there know what to do or have contact info for someone that can help? I have plenty parts and barrels and good machine tools. but would certainly pay someone to do it if thats what they want. just want to get it done. THANX MIKE

• 4 months later...

The 8 Lebel 1914 Hotchkiss strippers work best and the long middle tab must be ground back to shorten it or it fouls the feed way.

I converted one of my 1909s to 54r many years ago when barrels were $100. Seems to have caught on finally but the barrels are now big bucks, but 8 Lebel strippers are cheap…....

Edited by BRMCII