Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike todd

HELP! portive /hotchkiss, 7.62 russ conversion

2 posts in this topic

well as most of you have probably noticed, I like the WEIRD STUFF ALSO. I have always owned and enjoyed shooting the portive's and strip Hotchkiss guns (fiddle factor) the hoard of 67 FN and Greek .303 is getting too low and I fell guilty shooting it now. Its time to convert one to 7.62x54. I see several examples on social media that are running good, but I don't know how to contact them. I have a reamer and know the bolt needs to be opened up.023 but that's all I know. ANYBODY out there know what to do or have contact info for someone that can help? I have plenty parts and barrels and good machine tools. but would certainly pay someone to do it if thats what they want. just want to get it done. THANX MIKE

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Midway USA has 303 brit ammo cheap and wolf has come back out with it, still cheaper to shoot 303 than it is 54 these days.

Its a pretty straight forward conversion though I did one awhile ago, let me see if I still have all my notes and measurements on it.