FNC need help / parts

mike todd

I own a FNC sear and have it installed in a gun that runs perfect. I shoot it a lot and have purchased several other semi's to back it up. my problem is, all the semi's need the bolt carrier with the trip for the sear. what are folks doing that by sears only? are they getting them welded up?  if so who would be the best choice for this? I don't want to send the lower out and could do any adjustments for timing to the altered carriers as needed. as far as I know the only source for original parts would be to sacrifice a dealer sample. after all is said and done I would like to just put any upper I have on the full auto lower.  thanks for any info!!!  cheers mike

If I recall correctly, there are no factory machine gun FNCs in the US - theyre all converted semis. The folders were originally imported for NJ police, though.

While there are registered receiver guns, they're done in exactly the same manner. In fact, I don't believe the factory auto sear works at all in these conversions.

What this means is that every auto fnc bolt carrier was welded to gain a trip, which honestly is encouraging. TBA Suppressors is the primary FNC shop now that S&H has scaled down their work, maybe give them a call.

I also would think M60Joe could do it. There's little he can't weld. 

As I'm having my coffee and thinking about this again, it could also be beneficial to inspect the carrier for stress cracks and have them TIGed up as well.

Should you actually mail the carrier off, make absolutely certain that you insure the package for the cost of a full fnc semi auto rifle. You'll likely never find a replacement bolt carrier should they lose it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, Craigan said:

If I recall correctly, there are no factory machine gun FNCs in the US - theyre all converted semis. The folders were originally imported for NJ police, though.

may be correct but thought I had seen some samples years ago. I know the parts are tough and surmised the carrier was welded. however it shows NO sign of it and I know what to look for, so they knew what they were doing.  this all makes me very curious where all the other parts came from, like hammer /selector etc. if they are orig full auto parts, then why not carriers? maybe some folders were for NJ polizi , but they were very common at retail. we sold several . actually more folders because the fixed stock were hard to get for some time from distributors.  still hope to get someone hooked up that can do some work .  thanx for the info !!  mike